Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help to build a Basic (but good) roland Vdrums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to build a Basic (but good) roland Vdrums.

Hi

I just started to learn drums,
    I want to build the following:

1) hihat
    2) snare
    3) base drum

what I need to buy ?
    I already have hihat stand, and base pedal.

I don't mind to buy the TD3 brain .

but, I want the biggest snare, and the best hihat there is.
    what parts I need to buy in order to build that system from scratch ?

Thanks
    O

?

anyone ? .............. ?

Comment

Are you talking about DIY on those parts. There are many topics in the search for building each one of those. You can use acoustic drums with the crossbar system with cone and mesh head for the drums. And use pintech practice cymbals and hook a piezo up to it to trigger it. There are many options.

Good luck
      Vinny
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I think he intends to buy Roland gear and build a kit peice-by-peice rather than a DIY build. That's my impression anyway.

O, if you have decided to go with the TD3, then download the manual from the Roland web site and see what snares, kicks, and hihats are compatible. The higher the model number, the higher the quality (generally).

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
          I think he intends to buy Roland gear and build a kit peice-by-peice rather than a DIY build. That's my impression anyway.

O, if you have decided to go with the TD3, then download the manual from the Roland web site and see what snares, kicks, and hihats are compatible. The higher the model number, the higher the quality (generally).
          yes that exectly what I meant.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Overg,

Welcome to the group, you'll get lots of answers/opinions here.

Biggest snare, Pintech makes a 14" snare ( I got their 12 but ended up buying a snare stand as it tended to rotate on the TD-3s rack

Best hi-hat, VH-11 or VH-12 (I'm not sure how compatible they are with the TD-3) again, I went with the Pintech Visulites, they mount like acoustic hi-hats, have a little controller box, these and maybe some Hart cymbals are probably considered the "best", you will finds fans of all of them

Bass drum, many here prefer the Roland KD-8, although there are larger ones from Roland and others, I went with the smaller 8" Pintech

I started with a Roland TD-3KW. It's worked very well for me but I wanted "better" components so I upgraded. I now have a TD-12 brain, figuring it out and my ears are adjusting to the different sounds, many at first think their old module sounded better. I used the Pintech drums (snare, toms, kick) and one of their cymbals with the TD-3 brain.

You have a LOT of options with drums, cymbals etc, new used, different brands.

Good luck putting your kit together. Let us know what you end up doing plese.

Michael

TD-12/Pintech kit as described ( I have to figure out how to get that signature thing to work so I don't have to list everything al lthe time)
            Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

O,

The TD3 manual can be downloaded at:

http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/TD-3_OM.pdf

The largest Roland pad supported is the PD125
              For hi-hat, neither the VH11 or 12 is supported

Check page 44 of the manual for pads supported and their applications.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                O,

The TD3 manual can be downloaded at:

http://media.rolandus.com/manuals/TD-3_OM.pdf

The largest Roland pad supported is the PD125
                For hi-hat, neither the VH11 or 12 is supported

Check page 44 of the manual for pads supported and their applications.
                damn...
                so if I want to use my hihat stand I need td12?
                or is their some third party hihats that support td3, and the stand as well?

Comment

Originally posted by overg View Post
                  damn...
                  so if I want to use my hihat stand I need td12?
                  or is their some third party hihats that support td3, and the stand as well?
                  well the td 9 module offers support for the VH 11
                  and you can use it with the TD 6, though not all features are implemented, only open close and half open...you can probably use it with the TD3, but again, not being able to use more features than open/close
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                    well the td 9 module offers support for the VH 11
                    and you can use it with the TD 6, though not all features are implemented, only open close and half open...you can probably use it with the TD3, but again, not being able to use more features than open/close
                    you saying that open and close will work with TD 3 ?
                    ( I don't think so.)

Comment

you saying that open and close will work with TD 3 ?
                      ( I don't think so.)
                      Somewhere earlier, BarT, i THINK, said that the VH 11 would work with the td -3...on some other topic...It doesnt work well with the 3, in any case...

Comment

What is your budget? The VH-11 and 12 are not the only hihats, you can get any trigger pad and use the FD pedals and have a good hihat. But you wouldn't need a hihat stand. To use the VH-12 (the best) you will need a TD-9/12/20. You are looking at a minimum of $1000 up to $2000 with the VH-12 and a compatible module.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdrumz View Post
                          What is your budget? The VH-11 and 12 are not the only hihats, you can get any trigger pad and use the FD pedals and have a good hihat. But you wouldn't need a hihat stand. To use the VH-12 (the best) you will need a TD-9/12/20. You are looking at a minimum of $1000 up to $2000 with the VH-12 and a compatible module.
                          ok,
                          let me explain a little.
                          I have already hihat stand, and I want something to mimic the hihat work as close to acoustic kit as possible.
                          I just started to learn,
                          so I want something to feel like the basic kit.:
                          Snare, hihat,base

1)pd125 - snare
                          2) some module (TD3, sounds good at first..)
                          3)some base pad (the smallest and the cheapest as far as I care)
                          4)and hihat, (stand I already have.)

I don't care much at this time about the drum sound (hence the TD3), but on the mechanic, and position of the drums.

Comment

ok,
                            let me explain a little.
                            I have already hihat stand, and I want something to mimic the hihat work as close to acoustic kit as possible.
                            I just started to learn,
                            so I want something to feel like the basic kit.:
                            Snare, hihat,base

1)pd125 - snare
                            2) some module (TD3, sounds good at first..)
                            3)some base pad (the smallest and the cheapest as far as I care)
                            4)and hihat, (stand I already have.)

I don't care much at this time about the drum sound (hence the TD3), but on the mechanic, and position of the drums.
                            well, the td-3 is NOT going to mimic the mechanic and position of the drums...for instance the hi hat will not play the same as an acoustic hi hat, and on the other pads, you will have to alter your technique...ie play less hard, sounds dont change according your exact positioning...slightly different techniques are called for...

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                              well, the td-3 is NOT going to mimic the mechanic and position of the drums...for instance the hi hat will not play the same as an acoustic hi hat, and on the other pads, you will have to alter your technique...ie play less hard, sounds dont change according your exact positioning...slightly different techniques are called for...

mmm...
                              what about TD8 ?
                              does it work with VH11?
                              can it mimic the acoustic hihat better?

Comment

Working...
                              X