Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-20 Ride edge trigger problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 Ride edge trigger problem

hey guys,
    I bought a used TD-20 Vpro kit last weekend (no manual of course)...when I set up at home, the #12 input (ride edge) doesnt seem to be working. The ride trigger seems to work (will trigger other sounds). I tried the factory reset. I tried plugging in different cables, cymbals. I noticed there is no brief sound when I plug in the cable (unlike every other channel). I tried contact cleaner. I am able to select and play the channel with the manual trigger button. I went to setup and looked at the trigger parameters and they were blank. I tried to send ride edge to an aux channel and pick the appropriate sound but it really played funny-

questions:
    1. am I missing something simple here? I want to know before I call the church I bought it from...
    2. can I map the 12 input to one of the auxs in a way that I wont have to do manually on each set?
    3. (worst case) anyone know about rolands repair policy/pricing?

thanks in advance
    Jon

TD-20S V-Pro Expanded,
    Pearl Masters' Series accoustic
    Zildian Cymbals

The ride edge is input 11, not 12; and it requires a stereo cable even though it only triggers a single sound when used for the ride edge. Are you sure you're using a TRS cable (and that it's fully inserted at both ends)?

(It's normal for other trigger parameters to appear blank when the trigger type is shown as RD CTRL because TRIGGER, ADVANCE (F5), 3-WAY (F3), 3way Trigger (Ride & Edge) is set to ON.)

Using an aux input instead would be possible but the edge sound (with bow sound OFF) would have to be set in each kit.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce, you were right about the input....It is #11 not 12...but yes, I did try different cables and triggers into the #11 input. Sounds like I may have a real problem with the TD-20. Any tips on service?
      meanwhile, I will try to use the aux....
      Jon

TD-20S V-Pro Expanded,
      Pearl Masters' Series accoustic
      Zildian Cymbals

Comment

When you used the PREVIEW button to test the sound set for that input, was that the head or rim sound? There would normally be no sound from the head of that input, but pressing RIM and then PREVIEW should let you test the ride edge sound.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X