Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-Hat (VH-12) Internal Debris Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Hat (VH-12) Internal Debris Cleaning

I wanted to start a thread on this subject as I have seen people chat about it (rarely) in the past. The problem is, I don't know what to search and figured a thread on the subject that holds a lot of keywords in the conversing might help others in future searches and instructions...

ANYWAY...

Has anyone disassembled the VH-12 to clean out internal junk/dust/debris that (after years of wear) begin to hamper the operation of the hi-hat's playability. Mine is in desperate need of this servicing, so I wanted to see if anyone's done/documented it up to this point. (Chris Jude... BarT maybe?)

Anyway, if no one's done this, I am about to take on the duty and I'll probably shoot a series of images for a future tutorial.

Discuss.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Not me; I've never owned or even played a VH-12.

The last discussion, including links to photos and instructions by Mr Stixx who says he's done it often, was here; VH-12 choke (rubber debris?)

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 08-04-08, 08:27 PM.

Comment

My techs have done this on tour many times - just strip back the rubber over the striking surface and buff with a cloth. Recently had to replace the vh 12 though as the old ones packed up.

Comment

Working...
      X