Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with TMC-6 and TD6V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TMC-6 and TD6V

Does any body run a TMC-6 with a TD6V? I am getting more frustrated every day with this thing. The more I try, the more messed up my whole set up becomes. I spend all my time reseting my TD6V after I try to set up the tmc-6.
    What I want to do is add inputs for single zone triggers to my TD6V. I use a bunch of different settings on my TD6V. I do not want to change them and I do want to access the added triggers from the TMC-6 for all 13 settings that I use on my TD6V. So far the TMC-6 just messes up the TD6V. Can anybody answer questions for me?

Are you trying to trigger on channel 10 or channel 11 (percussion set)?
    When you say the TMC-6 "messes up the TD-6V", what exactly does that mean?
    sigpic

Comment

...and could you explain the "13 settings that I use on my TD6V"? Is that triggers, instruments or kits?

Bruce

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys.
        Bart: I use 13 different kits during a nights performance.

Micheal: I know it is what am am doing wrong or not doing, but I keep getting to a place where when I change something on the TMC-6, it changes the programing on the TD6V.

Questions: Do I need to copy all of my kits on the TD6V to one set of kit parameters?

Do I need to set all the TMC-6 instruments to work on unused TD6V inputs such as tom rims?

What do they mean when they say "memory number" and is that on the TMC-6 or the TD6V?

I am using 3 Pintech Nimrods and a KD-7 on the TMC-6. When I use these pads directly on the TD6V cross talk is not an issue, but used through the TMC-6 all I get is crosstalk, Why?

I am probably ahead of myself here as I am sure I do not have the midi set up correctly yet. When I set midi channel to 11 on the TMC-6, I do not get any sounds at all. Set to 10 I can get my instuments, but they are at about 1/4 volume of the TD6V with the sensativity set at 16.

I will keep studying and trying to get it into my old brain, but I have never done anything midi before. Thanks-dave

Comment

Originally posted by drumslinger50 View Post
          Do I need to copy all of my kits on the TD6V to one set of kit parameters?
          No (not sure you could anyway but I'm not sure exactly what you mean).

Do I need to set all the TMC-6 instruments to work on unused TD6V inputs such as tom rims?
          Either that or trigger the percussion set. Those are the only two ways not to interfere with or duplicate the TD-6V trigger pad sounds.

What do they mean when they say "memory number" and is that on the TMC-6 or the TD6V?
          The TMC-6 patches (groups of trigger settings) are referred to as "memory numbers". Choose one and stick to it.

I am using 3 Pintech Nimrods and a KD-7 on the TMC-6. When I use these pads directly on the TD6V cross talk is not an issue, but used through the TMC-6 all I get is crosstalk, Why?
          Crosstalk Cancel settings can't help with pads connected to two different modules/TMIs. You can only increase the Threshold setting slightly for those pads which get triggered through vibrations. ("You cannot prevent crosstalk from pads connected to other drum sound modules. Try increasing the distance between such pads, or raise the Threshold." TMC-6 manual, Page 28.)

I am probably ahead of myself here as I am sure I do not have the midi set up correctly yet. When I set midi channel to 11 on the TMC-6, I do not get any sounds at all.
          Check that the TD-6V percussion part is set to Channel 11 at SETUP, MIDI PART, PercPart. To use percussion set sounds on channel 11, you need to set note numbers on the TMC-6 to match percussion set note numbers on Page 124-125 of the TD-6 manual.

Set to 10 I can get my instuments, but they are at about 1/4 volume of the TD6V with the sensitivity set at 16.
          Have you set trigger types on the TMC-6 to Pd or Kd?

Bruce

Comment

It also sounds like you have PRG CHNG on. Set all those to OFF or it will change the kit on your TD-6V everytime you hit it.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, you guys are really helping me out today. I keep getting pulled away on my day job, so I have had to keep reviewing your posts all day. It must be good for me as I am now making head way.

Michel: you were right and that is wy the TMC was messing up the TD.

Bart: I have made great headway here. The TD6 percussion parts was set to channel 13. I reset it and everything started falling into place. I set every pad to memory 5. Played with the thresolds on the td6 and everything is working, however I still have the TMC-6 pad at about 1/2 volume of the td6. I set the TMC pads to "PAd" . Also is there a way to change the instrument on the midi note. Do I do that on the TD6? Do I need to lower the volumes on my TD6 kits?

Comment

Working...
              X