Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recommended bd-pedal for KD-7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recommended bd-pedal for KD-7

    Hi.

    What bassdrumpedal do you recommend to use with KD-7. I am thinking about TAMA HP200, but does it fit?
    The reason that I ask is that my old pedal doesn't fit. If I mount them together (pedal and KD-7) the beater misses the trigger.

    Ted

  • #2
    Re: Recommended bd-pedal for KD-7

    Originally posted by Ted A
    Hi.

    What bassdrumpedal do you recommend to use with KD-7. I am thinking about TAMA HP200, but does it fit?
    The reason that I ask is that my old pedal doesn't fit. If I mount them together (pedal and KD-7) the beater misses the trigger.

    Ted
    I did some research on this myself and the Tama Iron Cobra pedals certainly rank high. Pearl pedals (and the less-expensive Peace Musical lookalikes) are also liked by some as well. A number of folks also really like the feel of the DW 5000 Delta II series. I also like the base plate models and believe them to be more stable. I personally use the Iron Cobra HP900P, but also really liked the DW 5000 Delta II we had some through recently. The Peace pedals are an amazing value for the money frankly.

    One key to look for is the "offset cam" which allows the beater to accelerate faster and hit quicker. Some folks like this feel, some don't. Some pedals allow you to change cams to achieve a different feel.

    Another thing to keep in mind is if you plan on going with a double pedal someday. Most pedals can be upgraded by adding a "slave pedal" to them, but some cannot. So, definitely ask about that if it's important to you.

    Hope this helps!!

    Ed

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for a very good answer Ed.

      The TAMA pedel sounds even better now.
      You don't have any problem with the beater not hitting the trigger right?

      The one I am thinking about is a slightly cheaper version of the Iron Cobra (about half the cost) but almost the same. Using the same offset cam for example.

      Ted

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ted A
        Thanks for a very good answer Ed.

        The TAMA pedel sounds even better now.
        You don't have any problem with the beater not hitting the trigger right?

        The one I am thinking about is a slightly cheaper version of the Iron Cobra (about half the cost) but almost the same. Using the same offset cam for example.

        Ted
        Yes, I know which one you're talking about. They sometimes call it the Iron Cobra "Jr." which was a fairly recent product I think. (We can get them if you want one... javascript:smilie(''))

        The beaters generally can be adjusted up/down in order to hit the target appropriately. There is a set-screw that allows you to make this adjustment.

        Ed

        Comment


        • #5
          The DW 5000 Series have always done me right. They're solid, reliable, and interact extremely well with the KD-7...it dropped right in and is very smooth.
          THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD...4-15

          Comment


          • #6
            Try using an AXIS pedal-I would have to say this is probally the best developed pedal for an electronic drummer--Especially when using kd-7 kiks

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for all your tips.

              I have checked out the AXIS and the DW but I think they are to expensive (here in sweden they cost about $250 and up).

              But again: Thanks anyway. Great response.

              I will look into the TAMA and the Pearl pedal again.
              It would be great if someone who uses anyone of them with the KD-7 would tell if they are good or not.

              Regards Ted

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ted A
                I will look into the TAMA and the Pearl pedal again.
                It would be great if someone who uses anyone of them with the KD-7 would tell if they are good or not.
                I have a Pearl p-70 and a p-100s. These are both strap drive pedals and I love them. I added a footplate made of steel. They feel as good as a DW and better than an iron cobra to me. Extremely quick and responsive. I only have the one kd-7 right now, but most people who hear the set swear I play double bass.

                ps. I added velcro to the plate, and my pedals do not budge.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ted A
                  Thanks for all your tips.

                  I have checked out the AXIS and the DW but I think they are to expensive (here in sweden they cost about $250 and up).

                  But again: Thanks anyway. Great response.

                  I will look into the TAMA and the Pearl pedal again.
                  It would be great if someone who uses anyone of them with the KD-7 would tell if they are good or not.

                  Regards Ted
                  Peace Musical makes a Pearl lookalike pedal that's worth considering in this case:

                  http://www.drumbalaya.com/detail.asp...m=p28950dc%2Dn

                  Another alternative is Tama's new Iron Cobra Jr. pedal which I think has a double version, but I'd have to "double check" -- pun slightly intended... javascript:smilie('')

                  Ed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for all your help.

                    It ended up with me buying a Tama HP200 ("Iron Cobra Jr") which I think was perfect for me.

                    Ted

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X