Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Stick Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Stick Control

http://www.drumplace.com/TT068.html Book by George Stone. Last time I checked my copy I thought it was another cover, but hey, covers change. But I also thought it was another author... So I took it out, and surprise surprise... My book "Stick Control" has another cover and says: "Stick Control: Rhythms for the snare drum by Kirk Johnson, the internationally known authority on teaching methods for the drums.

Any ideas if this is just the European version (sounds stupid to me). Anyway, could someone look up in his copy the first page with exercises please and let me know what it says? The first exercises in my copy is a page that says "Single Beat Combinations" with 24 2-bar exercises. First exercises is just RLRL for 2 bars, exercise 24 is RRLL RLRR LLRR LRLL. Goes on for 2 pages with 72 exercises in total. Then it goes to triplets.

Can anyone tell me if this is the same book - which I actually doubt?

Thanks!

Stijn
    'lectric drumma
    Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

I have the George lawrence stone book stick control, identicle to the one in your link, and exercises 1 and 24 are indeed as you describe. Exercise 50 is lrrlrrrr lrrlrrrr exersise 72 is rrrrllrr lrrlrlrl and then it moves on to triplets.
    My Kit
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Originally posted by M_C_M View Post
      I have the George lawrence stone book stick control, identicle to the one in your link, and exercises 1 and 24 are indeed as you describe. Exercise 50 is lrrlrrrr lrrlrrrr exersise 72 is rrrrllrr lrrlrlrl and then it moves on to triplets.

Ditto.

Comment

OK, those exercises seem the same. Same book I guess. Bizar though, isn't it?

Stijn
        'lectric drumma
        Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Working...
        X