Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

How many times have you seen people on this Web site longing for the look of "real" cymbals on their e-kits, as opposed to the black discs of Roland fame?

So, now what happens? Acoustic players are getting all excited about being able to add black cymbals to their a-kits!!!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Zildjian...?source=4NL8GV

We drummers - such a mixed up bunch of kids, aren't we?
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Very ironic. However, I'm not sure how excited the true acoustic players are about these...over at harmony-central, there have been numerous threads...and the general opinion has been a resounding "meh".

Comment

Don't forget about the Paiste Colorsound line, white, red, blue, black, and maybe other colors. I can't remember off the top of my head.
      Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

and i am still waiting for clear acrylic cymbals to match clear acrylic drums....
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Black is the new Brass! or sumthin'
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, metal guys have got to love that! I saw an A-set on Musician's Friend that was all flat black....Shells, heads, lugs, everything! A total absence of light. If I remember it was made by Pacific or DW. It was a metal drummer's evil wet dream. All it was missing was black cymbals. So, wallah...Zildjian provides.
            Last edited by Fullback32; 08-01-08, 10:12 AM.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
              Black is the new Brass! or sumthin'
              God knows we spend plenty of 'brass' on our 'black'

Comment

My last trip to GC they had a cool "glass oyster black" set up with all the new black cymbals. It was the first time took second notice of an A set in a long time. Very Pretty indeed. I stood their thinking about the conversion and if my triggers would fit into the drums. I'd have to buy new drum cases....Then I had to think about building the cymbals into smart cymbals.... The Roland TD20 set across the room caught my eye and the insanity was over. I really like the black and white look of the Roland cymbals and in the musical venues I play, the Roland cymbals are becoming a status cymbal.....pun intented.
                Last edited by drumslinger50; 08-01-08, 02:34 PM.

Comment

My son just got the new "Pitch Black" Zildjians.
                  Hes loves them with his black Tama's.
                  Rolland TD-20,V-Session, Rolland KC-550 amp, ROCK-n-SOCK,Westone UM-2 IEM's, Presonus Fire Studio, ZOOM HD-16, Cubase Le4, DW Pacific 5-piece acoustics, Zildjian A Customs all around.

Comment

Pitch Black Cymbals

Originally posted by Mesh_Head View Post
                    My son just got the new "Pitch Black" Zildjians.
                    Hes loves them with his black Tama's.
                    Just an FYI - My drum shop guy said that there is some high maintenance on those to keep them looking good. He said that for him the cool factor would wear off faster than his desire to keep them up. If they come with a manual that outlines upkeep on them, make sure you follow it to the letter. Otherwise, Zildjian will tell you to pound sand if something goes wrong.
                    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
                    X