Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightest / lowest-impact bass drum beater recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightest / lowest-impact bass drum beater recommendations

Hello!

I have a DW-7000 double pedal. It's a great pedal, but it is designed to hit the bejesus out of an acoustic bass drum. In hindsight it wasn't the best compliment to my Simmons SD-7k, but for no it will have to do.

I went from using the original beaters:

to my old Danmar wood beaters :

I play a lot of double bass and really want a quiet sound (just because I hate the actual sound of the bass drum beater hitting the pad).

The lightest sound would be the best.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

You'd probably want to look at the Tama Cobra beaters. You'll need a patch if it's for felt, but for least sound I'd try the felt against a felt patch. I can't remember who makes the felt patch though. I thought Remo used to. Anyway, if I remember correctly, the Tama's are slightly "puffed" or "inflated". However, that may be one of the non-felt beaters.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
    X