Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD20 setup positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD20 setup positions

Can anyone give me some good tips on the best way to place all the drums / cymbals on the TD20 ? I seem to get the snare/kick/hi hat and then all the toms seem to be lost to the right side. Thanks for any tips on what is a good setup. My current position has the kick at 12 o clock and me facing the snare at 11 so the low toms seem like a twist to get to.
    Last edited by BlickemBlickem; 07-26-08, 10:30 AM.

I like to play with the bass drum quite a stretch from me (think I inherited this from having rack mounted toms at an early age).

Now however with the relatively smaller toms on the td20 I DO find interferance with the bass drum assembly and the right front leg of the rack.

My current tom set up is 2 up and 2 down. First two symetrical above the snare - two down to the right. Bass drum at a reach from the central throne.

Maybe I should rejigg all to the left hand side and offset the interference?

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41835

Comment

I have a pic of my setup in this post:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41709

My arms are short, so I have a pretty tight set up.

Comment

thanks for the pic but how do you get to that far right tom? i think it would be a big twist

Comment

Originally posted by BlickemBlickem View Post
          thanks for the pic but how do you get to that far right tom? i think it would be a big twist
          I don't sit that close in, so it's not really much of a twist.

Comment

If you watch my TD20 vid you will see my setup. I feel its a very natural way to play, no twists in the body and all the pedals line up with my feet the way my legs go out.

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
            *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

there is some twist going to the low toms but it looks like a very nice setup. thanks !

Comment

Working...
              X