Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rack mountable stick holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rack mountable stick holder

Does anyone know of a place that sells a rack mountable stick holder? If not, has anyone made one?
    My e-kit

My a-kit

I made my stick holder. Holds 3 pair. I originally bought one many years ago. It had a clamp with a chrome plated tube bolted to each side of the clamp. Later, I made one improvising on the same design and adding a few more tubes to each side. Only one tube is bolted to the clamp. The others have cable ties holding them together.

Clamp - from Dollar Store
    Chrome tubes from kids toys, lamps, etc., bolts, nuts, cable ties hanging around in my basement and some chair leg protectors I got from Lowes. It's on the leg of my Gibby rack now. Been using this one for 5 or more years.
    Attached Files
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I use this one on my TD-6 rack.

www.vater.com/newproducts/product.cfm?M=132

Good luck.

Steve
      No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

I use the same Vater holder as Relayer. I clamp it either on the Hi-Hat stand or on the right leg of my rack. I bought it at Guitar Center.

Boingo, that is a clever design!
        sigpic

Comment

Look at mine

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/...cb2c3e.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3032/...b4f25a.jpg?v=0

if you are interested I can take more pictures.
          Site for exchanging kit for Roland Vdrums
          sigpic
          www.vdrums.es

Comment

Hey, I've got a qwerty keyboard next to my kit as well, but mine is attached to the wall with an arm that swivels. I use it to control SONAR via remote. As soon as I get my new Kit Toy cymbals, I'm gonna post some pix of my studio. Your set up is very clever, but I'm old, short and fat and could probably pull one outta my butt quicker than reach all that way when I dropped a stick. Very cool, though - thanks for the pix.

Cheers.

Steve

Comment

I like this one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...der?sku=446139
              Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
              "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I've got that one, Fullback32. I like it, but the only problem is that the bottom will tear out after a while. I hand-stitched the seam, and it's holding okay now. The placement is really nice, and it goes on and off easy. I can also put some keys and a few small pieces of hardware in the bag, except I have to take out the sticks to get my hand down there.

Story of my life.

Shalom
                Bruce

Comment

I just sling my stickbag over one of the pipes on the rack...
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                    I use the same Vater holder as Relayer. I clamp it either on the Hi-Hat stand or on the right leg of my rack. I bought it at Guitar Center.
                    Another vote for the Vater option here. I have both the stick holder and the drink holder. Both are mounted to the right leg of my rack. They are both very stable, no troubles. Both were had at GC.
                    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Vater and Danmar

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                      Another vote for the Vater option here. I have both the stick holder and the drink holder. Both are mounted to the right leg of my rack. They are both very stable, no troubles. Both were had at GC.
                      I have the Vater one and because my 5 year old like the way it looked, I bought a Danmar zebra striped one as well.

http://www.westcoastdrums.com/dawistho.html
                      Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

After reading this thread I went and bought the Vater stick holder and drink holder. I just got them yesterday and I'm a little disappointed. They are built well, but the clamps barely reach around the tubes of my rack. So far they seem to be holding okay, but we'll see if they keep holding during moving and gigs.

Also, the drink holder is pretty large but won't hold a quart-sized sports bottle. Cans and most cups will probably work okay if they are not too tall. The stick holder also only adjusts up and down (although the clamp can be moved for the back and forth adjustment). Better than my Gibraltar one, which will only adjust back and forth or slide up the tube.

They are very heavy duty and reasonably priced, and overall I like them, but a couple of changes would make them more desirable in my opinion.

Shalom
                        Bruce

Comment

I'm using two of THESE, one mounted either side of my cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bopper View Post
                            After reading this thread I went and bought the Vater stick holder and drink holder. I just got them yesterday and I'm a little disappointed. They are built well, but the clamps barely reach around the tubes of my rack.
                            Well, that's what you get for actually listening to people around here.

Actually Bruce, I was probably remiss for not pointing out that the stick holder is a tight squeeze around a rack. But it will work, at least it does with my TD-6 rack, although I attach mine to my hh stand for ergonomic reasons.

One should probably consider how they're gonna use a stick holder. I keep my stick collection in a bag, and only load the holder with the sticks I'm using along with a couple of identical spares in case I drop one. Others like to have their entire collection right at the kit - to each his own.

Cheers.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X