Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Drums - Black or White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Drums - Black or White?

I know this may sound silly, but I will soon be ordering a new kit and I'm curious what color people prefer, and why. I currently have a TD-10 kit that is white. I am selling that kit and getting a TD-20 kit and I'm considering black, although I have yet to see it in person. While I know color is personal preference, I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts!

Custom DIY sparkle pink wrap!

LOL. me, I prefer black.
    Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
    sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

I don't feel that color REALLY matters, but if I can choose, I think I like black better than white. I am not sure why though.
      Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Hi Drumster,

White will take the colour of spotlights better i.e. it will appear to change colour depending on the colour of the stage light.

I went for a black kit though for my studio as it is painted in antique white (with woodgrain and maroon trim and small white spotlights) and I thought black would contrast better in this situation.

Naturally, if you play heavy metal you will want black.......:-)

Comment

Great insight, Hercules. Thanks for your input.

Comment

This reminds me of what Henry Ford said about the Model T. "You can have any color you want as long as it's black." Ar least we get white also.

I like black. But having the choice of Red and Purple was nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
              This reminds me of what Henry Ford said about the Model T. "You can have any color you want as long as it's black." Ar least we get white also.

I like black. But having the choice of Red and Purple was nice.
              I would definitely buy a purple kit ... lol, such a lovely hippie color

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Previous discussions on the black vs. white debate here:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39271
                >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

I like the clear acrylics ones where you look like you are drumming on air..or you can spotlight them...

oh wait, that's not an option? then black for me, METAL!
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Wouldn't it be cheaper to upgrade your TD10 kit? That is what I started with and if you work Craiglist and eBay, you can come out fairly decent. The difference in between the pd100 to pd105 can be done yourself (search on pimenta's conversion) and there are numerous threads on the pd120 vs pd125 which most people dont think its a worthwhile upgrade.

Comment

Black makes you play faster

Comment

Pffftt...white/black....CHROME BABY!
                        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Black.....
                          Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

for some reason the white kits are often cheaper, as is second hand white kit.... and it sounds just the same as black, purple, chrome, blue, pink, yellow, green, mauve, clear, red, indigo, swirly raspberry ripple, techincolour, mucky, beer stained, champagne stained (SDG old post ) vomit stained, tartan......

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                              for some reason the white kits are often cheaper, as is second hand white kit.... and it sounds just the same as black, purple, chrome, blue, pink, yellow, green, mauve, clear, red, indigo, swirly raspberry ripple, techincolour, mucky, beer stained, champagne stained (SDG old post ) vomit stained, tartan......
                              Cheaper, huh? Hmm... might one consider buying a white one and make it appear black?

I am .. like ... thinking PAINT

Comment

Working...
                              X