Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-12 Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-12 Registration

Hi there

I've just took delivery of my TD-12KV BK on Wednesday. It totally rocks and I'm very pleased with it. However, I'm a little confused about the registration of this product on Roland's website.

Two boxes were delivered. The larger box of the two contained the TD-12 Module, the PD85s, PD105, CY-12 C/Rs, KD-85 and VH-11. This box had a Serial Number on it which does not feature anywhere on any piece of hardware or on any of the components named as part of the kit contained in the box. I assume that this is the main overall product's Serial Number?

The smaller box of the two contained the MDS-12 stand. Thise also had a Serial Number on it's box.

Can I ask your opinions on what it is that I should register?

1. Do I just register the TD-12KV BK and provide Roland with the Serial Number and assume that all other components will be tied to this overall product?

2. Do I register the TD-12KV BK and also the MDS-12?

3. Do I register each individual component - each pad and cymbal etc and provide every individual product and Serial Number even though this may look as though I'm duplicating the purchase/registration?

What did all you folks do when you registered kits?

Charlie.
    Last edited by charlie66; 07-18-08, 04:54 PM.

The serial number on the box may or may not identify all the items in the box. I decided to register each item separately. Doesn't hurt.
    Raptor
    Hebrews 11:6

Roland spd-30, Simmons DA-200s monitor, JBL 515xt
    Ludwig 4-piece Club Date in silver sparkle
    Future Ekit (5 piece Jobeky kit in Bubinga fade with 2box module)

Comment

I never registered anything. It is not a legal requirement for warranty purposes.

In fact, in Australia at least, manufacturer warranties can be overridden in some cases by the government statutory warranty. If a product breaks down two months after the manufacturer warranty runs out through normal use, a warranty claim can still be made.

HERE is just one part of the Australian Trade Practises Act. I would be very surprised if other countries do not have similar laws.

Comment

In answer to a similar question recently, Roland's Drew Armentrout confirmed that only the kit serial number should be entered for registration, but isn't needed for warranty service; only a purchase receipt is required: TD-9S Serial Location?

Bruce

Comment

Considering that my earlier post (that Bruce referenced) was specifically concerning Roland US Warranty & Service policy, and charlie66 is in the UK, please read the following from the Roland UK site:

http://www.roland.co.uk/gen_reg1.asp...4f5c5d1f3l3q4a

Additionally, Roland UK offers a three year warranty upon registration.

Specific Roland UK warranty and repair details are here:

http://www.roland.co.uk/warranty.asp

Hope this clarifies any confusion...

Comment

Thanks Drew. I missed the fact that Charlie was in the UK. (Although the K-K-K-Kit model number should have been a not-so-subtle hint )

Bruce

Comment

Thanks everyone for pitiching in. I really appreciate it as the registration was a little confusing.

Thanks for clarifying the process Drew. Doh!!! - I didn't read that part about registering the "brain". I just scrolled down to see the product registration options. That'll teach me.

I'm now off to register the Percussion Sound Module - aka "brain" and get my 3 year warranty.

Thanks again folks. Your input is appreciated.

Charlie

Comment

Working...
              X