Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vdrums silencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vdrums silencing

The topic sounds weird coz it is....

I stay in an apartment and yes my neighbours have started to complain about the noises. I wonder if its the sound or the vibrations or both....

I am sure that some other people would have had similar experiences and would be able to help me out...

Do you guys know about some mats that could probably absorb the vibrations or other methods that could help in my situation?

I always like to say...
    "God bless the drummers and if somethings left, he may bless the others"

Thanks,
    Anshul

There are threads on this. Look here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ght=rubber+mat
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Also see an oldie but goodie: Downstairs neighbor complaining even when I am using headphone! How do I muffle kick

Bruce

Comment

Anshul

Check this out... http://www.dtxpressions.com/platform/

I made one of these and it silenced the heck out of the kick. Mine was 4 foot by 5 foot. Work perfectly.

By the way, where are you located, cause I need to get rid of it! (I have my own house now so noise is not a problem)
        -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Originally posted by tanshul22 View Post
          The topic sounds weird coz it is....

I stay in an apartment and yes my neighbours have started to complain about the noises. I wonder if its the sound or the vibrations or both....

I am sure that some other people would have had similar experiences and would be able to help me out...

Do you guys know about some mats that could probably absorb the vibrations or other methods that could help in my situation?

I always like to say...
          "God bless the drummers and if somethings left, he may bless the others"

Thanks,
          Anshul

My alcoholic neighbour started *****ing and got nasty sound is travelling through the wood ceiling so I basically have to set up in my walk in closet using 1/2 rubber flooring and all my wifes thick clothing is absorbing the the sound seems to be working well nothing since, the only pain is having to set up/ tear down everytime I play
          Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

I am in San Francisco, CA. If you are in West Virginia, it seems close to impossible to get it to me...

If you have an option, I am open...

Anshul

Originally posted by labenske View Post
            Anshul

Check this out... http://www.dtxpressions.com/platform/

I made one of these and it silenced the heck out of the kick. Mine was 4 foot by 5 foot. Work perfectly.

By the way, where are you located, cause I need to get rid of it! (I have my own house now so noise is not a problem)

Comment

Was my biggest concern when I bought and waited for the kit to arrive. Now that it's here, I bought a bunch of firm foam gym mats, stacked two on top of each other and no complaints so far. I also doubled a thin towel and wrapped it tightly around the bass drum head, which doesn't seem to interfere much wiht my playing (probably slightly, but if anyhting is making my leg stronger) and really cuts the noise out. Then again, my neighbours might just be polite.

My personal take (and from most of my friends) is that it doesn't exceed any kind of decibel level, so as long as you play at reasonable (or agreed) times, the neighbour can't actually do anything. Then again, if they're just mean people or hate drummers, could be ugly. My girlfriend plays her violin and it's ten times as loud as the drums, but that seems socially acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by RyMar View Post
                Was my biggest concern when I bought and waited for the kit to arrive. Now that it's here, I bought a bunch of firm foam gym mats, stacked two on top of each other and no complaints so far. I also doubled a thin towel and wrapped it tightly around the bass drum head, which doesn't seem to interfere much wiht my playing (probably slightly, but if anyhting is making my leg stronger) and really cuts the noise out. Then again, my neighbours might just be polite.

My personal take (and from most of my friends) is that it doesn't exceed any kind of decibel level, so as long as you play at reasonable (or agreed) times, the neighbour can't actually do anything. Then again, if they're just mean people or hate drummers, could be ugly. My girlfriend plays her violin and it's ten times as loud as the drums, but that seems socially acceptable.
                Same with somebody playing piano for hours. I think i can probably get away with it but this seems to keep the piece
                Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Hey Bob,
                  What kind of a mat is that. Could you describe it a bit. It seems pretty interesting....

Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
                  Same with somebody playing piano for hours. I think i can probably get away with it but this seems to keep the piece

Comment

i have this
                    http://truesoundcontrol.com/products...FQJtFQodfjARkw

got it for $200, dunno if this site is a rip off or they raised the price or maybe I paid 300 and thought it was only 200. anyway it is enough to have two layers criss crossed and a piece of plywood and a crappy carpet on top. I think it helps, but I only play during the day, so my neighbor below might not mind.
                    Last edited by theshiz; 07-23-08, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X