Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drumless tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumless tracks

I've seen others mention drumless tracks (for play-along practice). One guy said he had a version of Subdivisions without the drums.
    Where do you guys find those files?

Search on this forum, they are here. Amazon has CDs as well from Weckl and others. I just ran across an add in the back of MD, I will post with that company once I find it again. A general web search will also lead you to some. Someone posted Tom Sawyer with no drums but horrible vocals! There is Red Barchetta floating around w/o vocals that is exceptional. Search for Tommy Igoe as well (I may have the spelling wrong).

Comment

Google "drumless".
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I just bought the 6 cd set on eBay of "Turn it up and Lay it Down" from the guy who created them. Very good stuff, and great music. I see he currently has no auctions for this, but keep an eye out. The buy-it-now was only $50 for all 6 cds, although is website lists them for $60. His website also has a bunch of samples.
        http://www.drumfun.com/

Comment

I think this is what I saw in Modern Drummer. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
            I just bought the 6 cd set on eBay of "Turn it up and Lay it Down" from the guy who created them. Very good stuff, and great music. I see he currently has no auctions for this, but keep an eye out. The buy-it-now was only $50 for all 6 cds, although is website lists them for $60. His website also has a bunch of samples.
            http://www.drumfun.com/
            Whoah, fantastic site. Thanks for the tip!
            [listens to a few more samples]

All the samples they have on the site feature a metronome. Do they provide you with two versions - one with metronome, one without - or do you have to make do with that ticking all the time?

Comment

Thats called a 'click track', and all the cool kids are using them now...

Seriously, some people have difficulty playing with the click track. There was a really good article in the June edition of Drum! magazine talking about it. Until I read the article, I had no idea such a thing even existed...
              Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Volume 1 and 2 have the click track throughout all the songs. It is a real "click" sound, but not too loud. Volume 3 uses the click throughout, but it sounds more like a cross-stick sound on the snare. Volume 4 is all jazz, with no click at all.
                Volumes 5 and 6 start each song with a measure of intro, then a measure of cowbell to the beat, and then the song begins with no click. Hope this helps....

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                  Volume 1 and 2 have the click track throughout all the songs. It is a real "click" sound, but not too loud. Volume 3 uses the click throughout, but it sounds more like a cross-stick sound on the snare. Volume 4 is all jazz, with no click at all.
                  Volumes 5 and 6 start each song with a measure of intro, then a measure of cowbell to the beat, and then the song begins with no click. Hope this helps....
                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                  X