Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Electronic Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Electronic Kit

For the purpose you referenced (home recording/possible gigging), it sounds like the roland td-3 and the yamaha dtxplorer$ are your choices. As both are entry based ekits and in your price range, try to test drive each at your local music stores to determine how they feel to you. Good luck with whichever one you choose. WW
    TD-20exp module/TD-10exp * VH-12 hh * Gibraltar hh stand * 4 Hart Hammers * 2-22" kicks w/Pintech triggers & Blastech mesh * 1-14" snare w/Pintech triggers & Hart mesh *2-10", 2-12" & 2-14" roto toms w/Quartz triggers & Hart mesh * 7 PCY-150 cymbals

Comment

Try to visit a Digital Village if there is one near you (www.dv247.com) as they are really helpful and should have the Yamaha, Roland and Alesis kits in store to try.

Comment

Originally posted by delude View Post
        Try to visit a Digital Village if there is one near you (www.dv247.com) as they are really helpful and should have the Yamaha, Roland and Alesis kits in store to try.
        Though we have had bad experiences with the cheaper alesis kits, esp the ion...they kept blowing their brains out, and after replacing unit after unit, the local shop stopped stocking them.
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
          Though we have had bad experiences with the cheaper alesis kits, esp the ion...they kept blowing their brains out, and after replacing unit after unit, the local shop stopped stocking them.

Comment

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've now bought a TD-9!

Cheers,

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundrummiing View Post
              Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've now bought a TD-9!

Cheers,

Paul.
              ccongrats, keep us posted on your drumming!
              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Jumping back in

I was in the same boat when I got back into drumming. I got a used TD-6 (the blue one) at GC and started upgrading from there. I know the HD-1 is really for the occasional hobbyist and beginners. It has some fun features for the kids but is not really upgradeable. The TD-3, my secondary module, would be a good choice to go with as when you upgrade later (do a search for GAS) you can use it and all the parts that come with it, later on in a larger setup.
                Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
                X