Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VH-12 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-12 questions

Some questions regarding the physical setup of a VH-12 HH:

1. Is there any limitation on the tilt of the HH stand? For example, if I mount a VH-12 on a cable hat stand and tilt the stand toward me at, say, a 10 or 15 degree angle from vertical, will that cause problems or malfunctions?

2. Must the top and bottom be fixed with respect to each other (i.e., no relative rotation of top or bottom)?

3. Must the top and bottom be fixed with respect to the stand (i.e., no rotation at all)?

I won't receive my stuff for another week or so, but I'm trying to plan for the layout and such.

Thanks.

--Bob

Hi Bob. As I understand it:

1. I shouldn't think so. As long as the spring is strong enough to separate the pads, it should be fine.

2. Yes, but this should be fine as I doubt the rod on a remote hat is free to rotate.

3. Yes. The unit ships with an anti-rotation collar for this exact reason.

Comment

ige87 pretty much covered it.

The only problem I can see with issue 1 is that you would have to tighten the top hat pretty stight to keep it from tilting at an angle. There is a certain amount of give in the VH-12, much like a real hi-hat.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X