Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reviews Pintech Visulite 3-zone ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reviews Pintech Visulite 3-zone ride

18" I'd like to add a 3 zone ride but haven't really heard much about Pintech.
    Brian's video on Youtube on some of the Pintech hats looks really good and those aren't even the top of the line. So any experience?
    TIA

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

I'd be interested too.

Soon I can give you a review of one of their other cymbals, a 14" crash. I ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive.

I've bought some other Pintech stuff and have been very happy with it.

Michael

TD-3KW, Pintech Dingbat, snare,toms, PM-10, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, iPod, Sound Percussion throne, Tama HP 200 pedal
    Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

You should get them

Originally posted by pasta View Post
      18" I'd like to add a 3 zone ride but haven't really heard much about Pintech.
      Brian's video on Youtube on some of the Pintech hats looks really good and those aren't even the top of the line. So any experience?
      TIA
      I own a set of Pintech visulite cymbals.....First off let me tell u that pintech has amazing customer [email protected] will help u with anything and will usually answer any question within less than a day..My whole set is pintech actually and i had the pc series pintech cymbals orginally with my set....well i traded those cymbals back in to Pintech and they gave me the visulite cymbals for half price....i only payed $400 instead of $800 which they were at the time...

I bought the whole visulite cymbal package:

1-1602 16" Dual Zone Chokable Crash

1-1800RB 18" Ride with Bell

and 1-1300HHC RYC Hi-Hat Pair with Controller

You also get this for free with the cymbals:
      2 Aquarian Cymbal Springs, 3 C10S, Stereo Cables and 1 C10, Mono Cable

I would definitely reccomend these cymbals to you....they are handmade...they dont even make them until u order them...

These cymbals are transparent u can see through them they have like 8 or so colors to choose from...

As far as the triggering in them id say they are up there with roland in accuracy...in my opinion better than the rolands

I dont personally own the 3 zone version of the ride...i have the 2 zone...but id recommend their cymbals to anyone

https://www.pintechworld.com/shop/sc...?idproduct=155

Ill attach a picture of my set and cymbals for u to see..

And sorry about the dust on the cymbals...lol...i need to wipe them down...seems to get like that since they are in the corner of my room

I think ud definitely be happy though if u bought these cymbals
      Attached Files
      Last edited by drumman8524; 07-13-08, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the review, Drumman. I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I like the yellow ones like yours but Brian says the black may trigger better so I went with that. Will add a review when I get it. Can you tell me how the hats work with the controller? Brian's video only shows the PC cymbals in action. Having two cymbals like an A-hat is intriguing since my Hart only has one and a special hat stand and controller in one.

Comment

Thanks for the review, Drumman. I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I like the yellow ones like yours but Brian says the black may trigger better so I went with that. Will add a review when I get it. Can you tell me how the hats work with the controller? Brian's video only shows the PC cymbals in action. Having two cymbals like an A-hat is intriguing since my Hart only has one and a special hat stand and controller in one.
          You're welcome...Sure its simple how it works actually:

Here is a picture of it actually on their website:
          https://www.pintechworld.com/shop/sc...p?idproduct=92

In that picture i listed from the website on the bottom of the controller box there is a metal wire that comes out... that wire attaches to a spring....the spring attaches to a piece that they give u which has a hook for the spring to connect to...the piece with the hook for the spring attaches to ur chain right above ur foot pedal...

So when ur pushing the pedal or letting off the pedal the wire is going in and out of the controller box...thats how the foot part triggers. You have a gain knob on the box too...

Its actually quite cool...i have never seen other companies use something quite like this..

you have a seperate trigger for the top cymbal on the hihat...

Just like u probably had two triggers with ur harts...one for the pedal and one for the cymbal....

I hope this helps explain it...

Comment

Thanks for the review Drumman,

I have been happy with the Pintech drums and assumed I'd be happy with the cymbals too. I would think there's a bit more variation in cymbals than the drums. It's good to hear that you are happy with them.

In the near future I'll complete my set with all Pintech cymbals then......

Michael

TD-3KW, etc.....
            Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

How does the hi hat do with your TD-6 module? I know a lot of the advanced functions rely on the module. Can you get splashes and in between open and closed sounds? Brian used a Yamaha module with the PC cymbals on the youtube video and they looked pretty amazing.

Comment

How does the hi hat do with your TD-6 module? I know a lot of the advanced functions rely on the module. Can you get splashes and in between open and closed sounds? Brian used a Yamaha module with the PC cymbals on the youtube video and they looked pretty amazing.
                It works awesome actually....i took it right out of the box...and the hihat worked perfect without having to adjust any settings on the module...One thing is u wanna make sure...though is make sure there is enough tension on the cable on the controller box for the hihat pedal...because i didnt do that the first time and it wasnt getting pulled far enough...i thought the trigger was messed up but it wasn't.... just a stupid mistake really...lol but i did it..

As far as the splashes in between the open and closed...im not to sure about that to be honest
                Im pretty sure the TD-6V will do more than the yamaha though

But to be honest ive only had my TD-6V like 3 or 4 weeks maybe that is why im not to sure about that yet...

you may want to ask [email protected] he can probably help u with that

Sorry for not being able to help u with that.

Comment

14" Crash

As promised a quick review of a different Pintech cymbal...

The 14 inch dual zone crash arrived today, I was a little unsure about mounting it. I was a little leery of screwing the cymbal spring down onto the threaded end of the cymbal boom. A quick e-mail exchange with Brian set me straight and I hooked it up. It looks great, triggers well. I got one the black one, was a little tempted to get the yellow one.

I'm very satisfied with this cymbal so I'll eventually complete the set.

Michael

TD-3KW, morphing into a Pintech/TD-12 kit ( when the module arrives), PM-10, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Sound Percussion throne, iPod, Tama HP200 Pedal, Pintech mesh snare, toms, kick and Dingbat ( maybe someday I'll figure out how to get a photo up on the board)
                  Michael

Comment

I ordered a 18" 3 way triggering Pintech ride today, a review in a while.

Michael

TD-3KW originally, in the process of being upgraded/replaced with Pintech pads/cymbals, TD-12, Gibraltar rack
                    Michael

Comment

Hi Picks,
                      I'm waiting for my 3-zone 18" ride. How long did it take you to get your other cymbal after you ordered it? I guess they are made to order so it's not like Brian has them in stock.
                      Also, was it drop shipped from Pintech?

Comment

Pasta,

I'll have to check my old e-mails and see when I ordered it....

I'm waiting on my 18" 3 zone too plus the hi-hat.....

It was shipped to me directly from Pintech...

a word of warning, be careful opening the box, there was a staple in the middle of one of the flaps.... I poked through the tape to get it started, then I ran my hand across between the flaps to open the box. It took a chunk out of my finger where it caught on the staple.

I'll let you know about the time frame

Michael
                        Michael

Comment

Pasta,

I ordered a 14" crash first.....

Ordered 7/10

received 7/17

to quote Tom Petty.... "the waiting is the hardest part"

Michael
                          Michael

Comment

Okay, I'm thinking it should be any day now as I ordered mine two days after you ordered yours. Do you have your TD-12 or are you still working with the TD-3?

Comment

Pasta,

I still have the TD-3 up and in use, with the mesh pads and the new crash....

The TD-12 has been shipped, but not here yet

I just ordered the rack on Sunday....

I ordered the "final" cymbals on Sunday too....

I'll put the TD-12 on the new rack and put all the Pintech pads/cymbals on it....it will be a bit of a waste of time to set things up twice.

I have a buyer lined up for the TD-3, so hopefully that will be sold shortly.....after the new set up is up and running....not having the drums to play isn't an option now, I'd go into withdrawl if there weren't any drums around to play....

Michael
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X