Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Prices Coming Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Prices Coming Down?

Hi,

I live in the U.K. and I've noticed that more online stores are offering Roland kits at reduced prices. Also the second hand prices on ebay have fallen compared to last year.

Does anyone know if Roland plan to lower their prices, or offer some kind of promotional deal in the near future?

Cheers,

Paul.

They just announced and put price increases into effect. Not sure if this is related to currency rates, attempts to move inventory or discontinue product. Roland typically doesn't decrease prices unless they need to move inventory or are getting ready to discontinue a line. They seem to be very focused on that from what I've seen. Of course they would do so in the face of competition, but what competition have they really had?
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundrummiing View Post
      Does anyone know if Roland plan to lower their prices,.....

Cheers,

Paul.
      Surely you jest

It's probably a special deal the individual retailers are doing.

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dundrummiing View Post
        Does anyone know if Roland plan to lower their prices
        Please allow me to quote from the musical "Man of La Mancha":

"To dream .... the impossible dream!"
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Roland prices in Europe came down about a year ago, but look to be creeping back up any moment. Up until the price increase last month, Roland kept US prices the same for a long, long time (which explains the sudden big jump), and with the dollar rate falling against Euro and Sterling so much, the aparent price diffence between the same products on different continents looked enormous. European tax and shipping overheads usually account for the bulk of any difference, but at one stage in early 2007, I would have been able to buy a TD20 kit from the US, shipping and taxes paid, for a lower price than UK _dealers_ were buying for.

Roland seem to have kept the list prices in Europe the same, but lowered the dealer buying price, and those extra discounts are what have filtered through to the customer. To give an example - 18 months ago, you just COULDN'T find a TD12 kit in Europe for under &#163;2000 (believe me, we check every week) - now, everyone is selling them for &#163;1750. Another reason to thank the dollar rate, but I doubt it'll last much longer now that Roland have finally raised the US prices that the rest of the world looks at.

Simon

Comment

Interestingly, I have noticed that the price of the TD20 KIT has gone from about
            3400 six months ago, upto about 3900 in europe. Also the modules td12 and 20 have also gone up.
            Eddie moores used to sell the td12 for 740 and now has them for 899. Apparently Roland have been discouraging module only selling.

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
              Apparently Roland have been discouraging module only selling.
              Kill kill kill the DIY market!

(I'm teasing.. I'm sure there's no sinister Great Big Head trying to beat us all down... or maybe that's what he wants us to believe... )

-Seriously all kidding aside, there have been increases in gasoline (shipping charges), plastics (which come from oil) metals (some parts of the circuitry) rising labor costs in most markets etc etc. Plus still trying to make a profit on a luxury item during a down market...

It makes sense... I don't like it, but it makes sense.

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
              X