Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Dynamics ecymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Dynamics ecymbals

Good day All.

I currently have a TD-6 kit with 1 crash (12") and 1 ride (12") and would like to add additional cymbals to my existing kit. Musician Friend has the following Hart cymbals for sale and my choices are limited to only these 2 since they only ship these items to Canada:

1) Hart Dynamics Ecymbal S Splash/Crash(9 Inches) - $59.99
    2) Hart Dynamics Ecymbal S Crash with Choke(14 Inches) - $89.99

Before putting an order through, I have some questions that hopefully someone on the forum can answer.

1) How good are the Hart cymbals? Are they similar or better than the Roland or Yamaha pads?
    2) Are they fully compatible with the TD6 module? Are these dual zones cymbals?
    3) In terms of price, do they seem reasonable?
    4) Which of the 2 cymbals would you recommmend I get?
    5) Finally, if I was to purchase 2 of the same cymbals, would I be able to change the settings so that 1 cymbal will be a crash and another cymbal a ride?

Thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by VDrummerBoy View Post
    Good day All.

I currently have a TD-6 kit with 1 crash (12") and 1 ride (12") and would like to add additional cymbals to my existing kit. Musician Friend has the following Hart cymbals for sale and my choices are limited to only these 2 since they only ship these items to Canada:

1) Hart Dynamics Ecymbal S Splash/Crash(9 Inches) - $59.99
    2) Hart Dynamics Ecymbal S Crash with Choke(14 Inches) - $89.99

Before putting an order through, I have some questions that hopefully someone on the forum can answer.

1) How good are the Hart cymbals? Are they similar or better than the Roland or Yamaha pads?
    2) Are they fully compatible with the TD6 module? Are these dual zones cymbals?
    3) In terms of price, do they seem reasonable?
    4) Which of the 2 cymbals would you recommmend I get?
    5) Finally, if I was to purchase 2 of the same cymbals, would I be able to change the settings so that 1 cymbal will be a crash and another cymbal a ride?

Thanks for your feedback.
    1) get the unit with choke...seems trivial, but you'll end up using it.
    2) Make sure they are the newer "metal" cymbals... I have the older "polymer" cymbals (plastic with gold colored overlay) and the triggering was so-so in my opinion.
    3) If possible see if you can land a Yamaha PCY130s from another online retailer or someone else that shipps to Canada. They are dual zone with choke, completely compatible with Roland modules with no modification, and.. I would rank it above the Hart plastic cymbals.

-If the Hart's you're talking about are the newer metal ones... I can't comment on the quality etc as I haven't played them...lots of folks seem to like them though.

Hope this helps!

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Thanks evil1rox for your feedback.

Actually the cymbals that I mentioned in my previous post are the older ones - black in color.

The new cymbals (gold in color) that Hart has - in terms of noise level, wouldn't these metal cymbals be louder (similar to real cymbals)? Noise level is a deciding factor for me and that's why I didn't even consider these.

So Yamaha cymbals rank better than Hart or Roland cymbals?

Comment

So Yamaha cymbals rank better than Hart or Roland cymbals?
        ..No.. not really. I would equate the Yammie cymbals I mentioned as on par with the Roland cy14 (as far as quality and features), only about half the price if you can still find them. There is a newer model of the Yammie cymbals out now... haven't tried them so I can't verify if they are Roland compatible, but I am "asuming" they are still.

I use the Hart hihat and ride... they are a bit louder than the Roland or yammie, but they have a silencer pad (rubber "trapezoidal" shaped piece) that covers the typical strike zone.

The plastic Harts are very durable overall, I was just displeased with the triggering...may have been my module too, (TD10 w/tdw1) but I think it was a small problem with the choke switch engaging when i hit them.. I discontinued using them long ago so I don't remember all the particulars to a "t". (Still using the hihat and ride though! They're awesome in my book!)

i would strongly urge you to look into the Yammie cymbals!!!! (PCY130S...or it's current equivalent PCY135s...but make sure the newer 135s is Roland compatible first!)

E
        - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Thanks evil1rox for your feedback.

Actually the cymbals that I mentioned in my previous post are the older ones - black in color.

The new cymbals (gold in color) that Hart has - in terms of noise level, wouldn't these metal cymbals be louder (similar to real cymbals)? Noise level is a deciding factor for me and that's why I didn't even consider these.
          Those E-cymbal S's are plastic. I had a couple of them when I first started E-drumming. They make this obnoxious THWAK! sound when you strike them. Think of what a Frisbee would sound like it you hit it with a drum stick. I personally hated them. The metal Hart ECIIs also have stick noise, but it just doesn't bother me as much as those plastic ones did. The rubber pad on them helps mitigate it as compared to my Smartriggers and the EC-S's though. If you want the quietest, then the Rolands are the way to go.
          TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I bought 4 of the bronze Hart ECII cymbals. One of them (ECII-14 CB) stopped working less than six months after I got it. I contacted Hart and was told that after 30 days, I am responsible for shipping both ways and they have a minimum bench fee of $25. I just decided to let that one go as a loss. Maybe I'll use it for a DIY project?
            TD-20, SPD-S, TAMA '82 Superstars
            http://www.outawhack.net/drumming ___ http://www.zendaddyband.com ___ http://www.myspace.com/353238983

Comment

Originally posted by lopan View Post
              I bought 4 of the bronze Hart ECII cymbals. One of them (ECII-14 CB) stopped working less than six months after I got it.
              Man, that's a bummer. I've got the metal hat and ride, which I love, but polymer crashes. I've been looking forward to eventually upgrading to the metal crashes, so I hate to hear that. Is your experience consistent with other feedback you've heard on those?
              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

I bought the 16" ride, bronze hat, splash and two 14" crashes. The ride works pretty well, but the thick rubber on the bell makes it a bit inconsistent. I could probably find a replacement pad that has better sensitivity, I just haven't taken the time yet. I like the bronze Hat and so far have not had any trouble from it. The splash has also worked as it should. The 14" crashes were/are disappointing. The other 14 crash that is still working has diminished sensitivity compared against my other cymbals.
                TD-20, SPD-S, TAMA '82 Superstars
                http://www.outawhack.net/drumming ___ http://www.zendaddyband.com ___ http://www.myspace.com/353238983

Comment

I use all Roland for cymbals . 3 cy15R's one for a ride 2 for crashes and a cy14C for a hi hat. If you want quiet ,they are the way to go.
                  Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

If you also want a cymbal that is inexpensive ,Pintech has their practice cymbal line, You can buy the cymbals with or without triggers (Put your own triggers and rubber on them) They 18" 16" and 14" cymbals. I used mine for about 6 or 7 years (I installed my own triggers and rubber. Thay were almost as quiet as the rolands and the whole set of cymbals (2 16"crashes, 18" ride, 2 14" for hats) came to around 100 dollars including triggers and rubber.
                    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

i own the metal hart ecymbal II and are great once setup correctly with my td20. they are not dual zone but feel great. if you want to stick with plastic ecymbals i would go with kit toys, yamaha, and then roland. i personally dont like the price for the plastic harts or the metal ones but i still pay for them. For your last question yes you can make each trigger to what ever you like!!! thats the best part about edrums. good luck and enjoy!!!

Comment

From all the feedback that I've read about kit toys, they would have been my first choice but then seeing all the posts from other people about having a hard time contacting Mike, I'm a little bit skeptical.

From the following thread=> http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41313

Quote from Mike's last emial:
                        "I wont have a ride on sale for a long time
                        untill things pick up im only building things on a causal basis
                        so youll have to look out for odd things on ebay now and again."

What does Mike mean by "building things on a causal basis"? It makes me even more skeptical...

Comment

I was going to suggest Kit Toys. As far as casual, perhaps he means "made to order" and he won't have an inventory. Anyway, as far as shipping to CA, have you tried www.RMCaudio.com ?

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

pasta,

just went to check out rmcaudio.com and they do not ship outside USA.

From their website:

"Due to some manufacturer restrictions and product support issues, we do not ship out of USA."

A question about the kit toys - there seems to be a back order log for these cymbals...what would be my chances of ordering from them? Do you know if Mike would build them as he receives the orders or it would depend on the amount and quantity you order from him?

Also would you also know what type of payment he accepts?

Thanks.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/e-cymbal-kit-t...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like he takes Paypal (faster) and cheque (slow, I'm sure).
                              I haven't ordered from him, just followed some threads but his language implied that he's making them as they're ordered and not building them to have a stock of inventory. I'd just contact him and see what happens.

http://www.hopedrums.com/ Brian might ship to CA.

Don't know how much you want to spend but JJ ships to CA. This is the newer top of the line Hart crash.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HART-ECYMBAL-II-1...742.m153.l1262

Mass Music looks like it ships to CA. They don't list the newer metal Harts for crashes.
                              http://www.massmusic.net/shop/?shop=...6&itemid=18539
                              Last edited by pasta; 07-13-08, 07:08 PM.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Working...
                              X