Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subwoofer suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer suggestion

I'm running a Roland T12 through a pair of JBL G2's. and the 15's just don't hit the Bass the way I anticipated. Looking for a Sub that can take the pounding.
    Suggestons?

Comment

I have a pair of the Mackie SWA 1801s that will thunder-kick your nuts into next week. I really like the Mackie subs.
      sigpic

Comment

I had a 800w RCF sub with a 450w matching top cabinet... simply phenomenal. Too much though really as it ended up just being used at home. The cab is just fine, loads of bass so I sold the sub to the band and it goes live now, which makes a real difference.
        A buttkicker helps generate the psycho-acoustic boooom us drummers crave...
        Cheers
        Paul

Comment

How about a bolt on.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=299-028

Or build a throne with a killer 10" or 12" in it like. A floor tom with a baffle mid way up.

If you go to In-Ears (Shures SE210 or Westone UM1) and a feed from FOH and/or your module to a Rolls PM351 and of course a bridge amp, You'll be in air displacement heaven.

Direct Punch is the issue! Try to bypass the air.

OB Jim

Comment

Go to your local electronics store and pick up a cheap automobile subwoofer cabinet, with one or two 12" speakers in it......some places have them for around $100. You can power it with an existing amp plus a filter or crossover, or, buy an automobile subwoofer amp, (anywhere from 200W-400W), and a 12Volt power supply......These things really kick ass! and don't cost a lot.
            I used a 600W Jensen sub, and powered it with a 100W keyboard amp that I had lying around.....running the input off my LF tap on my mixer. Total cost:$39 plus the labour of designing and building the folded-horn cabinet for the subwoofer,(not for the faint-of-heart)......Even at only 100W, when you hit the kick, the room MOVES!.....You feel it way more than hear it.

Myke C.

Comment

Working...
            X