Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drum modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drum modules

Hi,

im currently working with

pads->roland td8->midi-usb->cubase->BFD

but would like a module with a lot more inputs, maybe 20 or so, and rather than buy a td-20, or something similar, id rather just a trigger module, like the alesis io trigger, that just works as a trigger.

http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/...t=aletriggerio

but it only has 10 inputs, is there anything out there with ~20 inputs?

just use the TD-8 and the Alesis......that is what midi in/thru is for.
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Have you considered building a Megadrum? I think you can have up to 32 inputs, which boils down to 16 dual-trig inputs, but you could of course use splitters etc as it fully supports piezo-piezo pads if you only wanted single triggers on certain parts of the kit. Other than that, chain a couple of modules together. Be aware of the 'problems' people have reported using the TriggerIo with Roland pads. Check the search!

Comment

How about a Trapkat, 24 on board FSR pads.

http://www.alternatemode.com/trapkat.shtml
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I have a td 8 mod with a Diy mapex. All my toms are mono. If there is a way to use the rims of those inputs to use for other drums? That would give me 4 more inputs.
          Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
          X