Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp advice

Ok so I am going to get a td-20 module. Hart dynamics kit, Roland Cymbals. Now I need an amp to power it all. I live in an apartment but I also plan to use it in band rehearsals and I also plan to use it in smaller venues with out an in house PA. I checked out a simmons any other suggestions?
    :D

Use the search engine. It's been discussed quite a bit on the forum and there are lots of threads and posts.

One other suggestion: use the search engine. And then if you think about it, you can use the search engine, after you use the search engine.

Oh and another thing. Use the search engine.

Shalom
    Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by stixmanshead View Post
      Ok so I am going to get a td-20 module. Hart dynamics kit, Roland Cymbals. Now I need an amp to power it all. I live in an apartment but I also plan to use it in band rehearsals and I also plan to use it in smaller venues with out an in house PA. I checked out a simmons any other suggestions?

I would go to the music store and hop on a td-20 kit and ask the sales person to have a couple of amps ready for you to try out. I would make sure the amp has a crisp sound and can handle bottom end. Also one that can go fairly loud for when you do gigs without a P.A.

Vinny
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
        I would make sure the amp has a crisp sound and can handle bottom end. Also one that can go fairly loud for when you do gigs without a P.A.

Vinny
        Thanks Vinny. Great advice.
        :D

Comment

I'm occasionally using a KC-550 for home practice without headphones. I am less than thrilled with the sound from my TD-6V. But our local Guitar Center has one hooked up to all their demo e-kits and the TD-20 sounds excelllent through this amp and so did the Dtextreme III. Just excellent.

Food for thought...

Comment

Qsc

I use a qsc 15" sub and 122 top. I tried every speaker in GC with my td-9 and thought this sounded the most like studio monitors. The jbl prx serires was second. The qsc setup cost me $1700.00 .

I have seen the mackie 450's now at $500. You could add a used mackie sub for $500 and that would be quite good.

I have never got enough bottom end from any speaker with out a sub,even for small cafes.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X