Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kd-8 and cy-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kd-8 and cy-8

I just got my TD9sx that came with the kd-8. is it worth it to upgrade to the kd-85 or Pintech Gig 8 because of the mesh head?

also I want to add a new cymbal. should I buy an extra cy-8 or save up for another 12r/c or should I buy the 15r and use the 12r/c as the extra crash?

thanks

I was having problems with rebound and false triggering, so I went to KD8.
    BTW I have two kd8s and a kd7 and love it. Plus they go sub $100.

Comment

Originally posted by mtwaishy View Post

also I want to add a new cymbal. should I buy an extra cy-8 or save up for another 12r/c or should I buy the 15r and use the 12r/c as the extra crash?

thanks
      I had to adjust the triggering values to prevent rebounds with the td-9 and the kd-8, just a little tweak...

as for the cymbals, i disliked the cy-8 as a ride, it was too hard amd didnt feel right with multiple hits....and drowned out the sound of the sample, so i went to a 12 r/c. For crashes it didnt bother me, as the crash noise was sufficient to hide the acoustic noise......
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I would definitely save up for something other than the CY8.

I constantly plug the Yamaha PCY130S (the two zoner). It costs $100 and to date, has been every bit as good as a Roland CY12/14 cymbal.

I'm a big fan of mesh kicks and think that after the snare, it's the first thing that needs to be upgraded from a rubber pad. The Roland model is fine but don't overlook the Hart 8" Accupad kick. Far cheaper, rock solid, and mesh!

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Grog,

is the hart Accupad compatible with the td-9sx?
          I'm looking to buy the Pintech Gig 8 which they say is almost the same as the KD-85 but only costs me $130.00.

Comment

It'll be fully compatible. As will the Yamaha PCY130S.

The Hart kick costs more than the Pintech but I gotta admit, Pintech equipment, and I've had a good cross section of it, never wears well with me. My snare is a Pintech Concertcast and well, it's been okay, not great.

This might be a situation where blowing a few more bucks means you get better equipment. I know I've not tired of the Hart kick.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
            X