Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened with TD 5 7 and 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened with TD 5 7 and 8?

I saw them awhile back and now they're gone. Were they discontinued?
    Anyone have experience with these?

Originally posted by moja music View Post
    Must have been quite awhile back because they've been out of production for several years now.

EDIT: While out of production, the TD-8 is still a pretty popular module. They come up quite often on eBay averaging about $500 - $550.

Comment

I've had loads with the old TD7.

UTFSE.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I had a td 7 for 15 yrs. Just sold it and bought a Td 8 and it is awesome.
        Yes they are discontinued. I'm sure over the years they will keep bringing new in and discontinuing the old.
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Does TD8 support:

1) positional sensing?

2) 3 zone ride cymbal?

Comment

Does TD8 support:

1) positional sensing?

2) 3 zone ride cymbal?
            Positional sensing on snare only. On the 3 zone cymbals with the TD 8 you can hook the 2nd output of the ride into one of the Aux inputs.
            Last edited by vjboc; 07-02-08, 08:30 PM.
            Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

how is the sound sampling of the td8 compare to td 9 or td 3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by overg View Post
                how is the sound sampling of the td8 compare to td 9 or td 3 ?
                I think it comes down to personal opinion, in a lot of cases.
                I had a TD-8, then 'upgraded' to a TD-12.......It still pisses me off, that while the TD-12 and TD-20 had more adjustable parameters, Roland chose to throw away a really comprehensive sound library, (contained in the TD-8), and replace it with a much more limited one......You can still replicate a lot of the sounds in the TD-8 library, but it's trial-and-error, and time consuming.

Myke C.

Comment

^ agree, wish I hadn't parted with the second one I owned. Find a TD-8 and dive head first into MIDI. VEX is also wonderful on the TD-8 if MIDI isn't an option.
                  Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Working...
                  X