Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-8 aux input splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 aux input splitting

So I'm kind of set on getting a used TD-8, just because it would let me start up my vdrums sooner than having to save for the TD-12(I can justify $400 better than $1200 at this point). But I have a question for all you TD-8 users: do you use a standard splitter for the aux jack, since its inputs 11 and 12?

Also, are you able to run another pad off the kick input, since its inputs 1 and 2(I.e. Another cymbal)?

I'm planning on upgrading to the TD-12 at some later date so I can use both and have all the groovy dual-triggering, positional sensing jazz and a lot of inputs

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I'm building a DIY electronic kit, by the way, not buying a stock TD-8 kit.
    Last edited by Plutonic; 07-01-08, 05:01 PM. Reason: maybe some important info was omitted...

Yes, you can split it with a standard Y-splitter. The tricky bit is working out which bass to change, especially with VEX kits.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Ok, thanks!

I figured it would work with the aux input, but wasn't sure about the kick input.

Do you use a stereo to two mono splitter?(or maybe that's all you can get, I've never really paid that much attention to electronics before)

But hey, thanks again! This forum has been an awesome help

Looking forward to the TD-8!

Comment

Yes, standard stereo Y cable to two monos...
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
          Yes, standard stereo Y cable to two monos...
          I have a TD8 and made up 2 'rubber coated tubes' which have a bit of foam and a Piezo inside and they work brilliantly... For the cable, I simply took a mono guitar lead, cut it so that both ends were the right length to reach the 'tubes' and terminated both with a 1/4" Stereo Jack (one cable to the centre pin & one to the middle).

The same could be done with a Y-Adaptor, but making up my own cable was neeter.

My 'tubes' now trigger inputs 11 and 12 with no problems at all... The only issue I get is because they are rigid, they suffer from XTalk if I hit the rack..

This is not totally relvant to the question, but I just wanted to confirm that on a TD8, its totally possible to have 2 pads connected to the Aux11/12 inputs.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
            Yes, you can split it with a standard Y-splitter. The tricky bit is working out which bass to change, especially with VEX kits.
            Use a Y-adapter that has a stereo (tip/ring/sleeve) plug --> two mono jacks (one = tip/sleeve, the other = ring/sleeve). Change Kick #2 (which should be connected to the ring/sleeve jack) to whatever other sound you want. I have a TD-8 and I'm planning on using that input as a piccolo snare on some kits and as a XStick sound on others.

- Ugly.

Comment

Working...
            X