Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best Rudiment book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Rudiment book

Hey I am a beginner drummer and I want a good book that will start me off to learn rudiments does anyone have any good suggestions?

if you head to the vic firth web site they use to have tons of rudiment sound samples and exercises.http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudiments.html

Comment

Unless you really want a book, check out www.freedrumlessons.com. You can print out the rudiment sheet music yourself. They have the sheet music and video samples.

Comment

Great Book

To start with take a look to this book: Stick Control for the Snare Drummer by George Lawrence Stone, it helps a lot believe me

Comment

Second the Vic Firth site......I printed their pages of rudiment practice exercises......I especially like the rating system, and their real-world application examples for each rudiment. I use them to stay in form, and I've been playing for almost 40 years.

Myke C.

Comment

Working...
          X