Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY 8 or CY5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY 8 or CY5

drums by Roland (TD20 BK expanded) /hardware by Tama/sticks by Ludwig/Zildjan/Vic's etc../amp by Warfdale/coffee by Carla

the cy 5 is actually much smaller than the cy 8, not at all the same size...I use the 5 for the hihat, and cow bell, and it works well. i have 8's as crash and as ride, and I dont like it as the ride, its too hard, drowns out the drum sound - works fine as a crash. the 5 doesnt seem to bother me as much as a hi hat, but i am upgrading to a cy 12 r/c for my ride, as it is (supposedly) a bit softer and quieter...

and greetings!
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

The CY-5 is not a circle, so it takes less space. The CY-5 also comes with two mounts: the standard rotation stopper and a l-rod mount for use as a hi-hat.
      sigpic

Comment

well, the 5 is almost a circle. its not a triangle or a square or even very oval....
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
          well, the 5 is almost a circle.
          ...and a bit off center, much like a few of us around here.

>>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

I had to measure and sure enough, the CY-5 is 245 mm round. The offset mount fooled me into thinking it wasn't circular. So it is 9 3/4" inches, but still 6" from mount to rim.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X