Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying my first E-Kit. Td-9x???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my first E-Kit. Td-9x???

Wassup everybody! I've been planning on buying an electronic kit fr a long time.
    I was thinking of the td-12 but now that the new version of the td-9 has been launched I think that's gonna be my final decision. But I'm still not sure and i need some advice.
    First of all, my intentions with the kit is mainly practicing without making any noise that can be a problem with my neighbours and recording with my band.
    Does the roland kits with mesh pads make any noise when i'm using it with headphones . Do you guys think my downstairs neighbours will still complain?
    And with the recording thing. I'm not aiming for anything really professional since i have no experience at all with recording but i recently bought a macbook and i was thinking that since im buying an e kit recording some songs would be much easier now. Do you guys think i can get good quality recording with the td-9? And also I would be using the garage band since it's the only software i know how to use. Do you guys recommend any other easy-to-use software that could provide me better quality?
    And what would I need for recording? Any cables or even other hardware?
    Sorry for all the questions but I really need your advice guys
    Thank you

thumping on the bass pedal can disturb downstairs neighbours. you can put thick mat under it to help, or search the forum for help on various solutions to the problem.

welcome on board!
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Tnank you I thinks it's gonna be placed above a mat so when I buy it i'll check if it's bothering then but i don't think it will.
      If anyone can help me with the recording question i had please post. and i would also like to know:
      How many inputs does the td-9 has for expansion oportunities, how many new pads and/or cymbals can i add to my kit with the td-9 module?

Comment

The td 9 has 8+2 inputs, that is, 8 inputs in the included cable 'snake' and then an extra crash and an auxilary (though of course you can use them as you like) that have their own separate cables. I dont know how many heads your unit comes with...I have a td 6 which came with 8 (kick, snare, hi hat, three toms, one ride and one crash) and so when i changed to the td-9, i added an extra tom and a new ride (and my old ride became a crash)....
        Last edited by saku; 06-25-08, 10:22 AM.
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Recording with the TD9 should be fine. It is my first e-kit as well. I bought an Alesis MultiMix 8USB mixer so that I can jam with a few friends. Using USB to run the audio in can be a little finicky, so I just run the main audio out of the mixer right in to the computer. I did not need to record to separate tracks, so this little mixer works well.
          I also got a headphone amp (Presonus HP4) for late night jamming...a whole band can play in almost silence. Only the vocals will be heard...

Comment

Working...
          X