Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Question - DTXpress 4 VS DTXtreme 2s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question - DTXpress 4 VS DTXtreme 2s

Hello, I've recently sold my TD-12 kit and sold my friend's DTXpress3 kit, right after the moment I sold my roland kit, I started to miss the freedom and joy of playing E-drums anytime in my room even though I bought an acoustic set. So I'm kinda thinking of getting DTXpress 4 or DTXtreme 2s since I can't afford to buy DTXtreme 3. Well I've played DTXpress 4 and was satisfied with the sound that module that but I'm going to focus little bit more on midi feature since I'm just starting to record using Midi. But I've never played or listened to anyone playing DTXtreme 2s except online and I don't believe that the video clips that Yamaha websites gives has the real sound that each modules actually has. Well so my question is this, which kit's got better sound and easier to use when using midi program? Thanks much!!!!!

Originally posted by naru6403 View Post
    Hello, I've recently sold my TD-12 kit and sold my friend's DTXpress3 kit, right after the moment I sold my roland kit, I started to miss the freedom and joy of playing E-drums anytime in my room even though I bought an acoustic set. So I'm kinda thinking of getting DTXpress 4 or DTXtreme 2s since I can't afford to buy DTXtreme 3. Well I've played DTXpress 4 and was satisfied with the sound that module that but I'm going to focus little bit more on midi feature since I'm just starting to record using Midi. But I've never played or listened to anyone playing DTXtreme 2s except online and I don't believe that the video clips that Yamaha websites gives has the real sound that each modules actually has. Well so my question is this, which kit's got better sound and easier to use when using midi program? Thanks much!!!!!
    Not a bad choice...if you go with the 2.

I would equate the IIs to the td12. nice top end sound, not exactly all of the features of the 20, but enough to be happy with.

E

-EDIT: don't get me wrong...the 4 is ok, the 2 is a step up though.
    Last edited by evil1rox; 06-23-08, 09:14 PM. Reason: relized I was knocking the 4
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
    X