Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion on remote hi-hat and basedrum pedal hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion on remote hi-hat and basedrum pedal hardware

Greetings all!
    To make a long story short, i sold my TD-6 module 2 months ago and have since been without a soundmodule. In the meantime i have been working on a Megadrum module and i finally have made the order for the missing parts. I intend to run this with a ultraportable laptop + a firewire ESI DuaFire soundcard. Please be aware of that you really need descent hardware to run the DuaFire. I got it to work ok with Asio4all drivers after some tweaking. About 4ms latency, pretty good i think. The drivers that came with the soundcard are pure crap.

So there i have been without any drumsounds and just practicing rudiments. While doing this i got so fed up with either hitting my arms or sticks while playing the hi-hat crossed. So i googled for a while and i found the remote hi-hat. Perfect! Now the question is, should i go with the Pearl RH-2000 or the DW 9502LB? The price difference is significant with Pearl being the cheaper one. I have been testing to have the hi-hat a little bit to the right from the middle of the whole setup. Here are some pictures of it.

Any comments on this?

I have also whacked on new pedals. I currently have a Drum-Tec standard double pedal, which came with the original set. So i was visiting some friends in Köln, Germany and during that weekend we went for a visit to musicstore.de. There i tried out the DW-5000 series and the DW-9002 doublepedal. Holy ****! What a difference to my current pedals! I actually got some feedback from the pedals. So when i arrived home to Sweden i called up my local supplier and he tells me that he does NOT recommend DW pedals. According to him they are made in China and he has had a lot of warranty issues with DW. Now the price is the same for DW9002 and Axis A longboard. So i was like what? I sure need to try those Axis. Any comments on those pedals?

Any comments are welcomed with open arms.

Thanks,

Kari
    MegaDrum trigger to midi x 1,
    BFD 2,
    13" DIY snare,10", 12" and 14" DIY toms,
    VH-11 Hi-Hat x 1, Pearl RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat,
    Hart ECII-12HHB Hi-Hat x 1,
    CY-12R/C Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1, CY-14C V-Cymbal Crash x 1,
    Hart ECII-16RB Ride x 1,
    13" and 14" Kit-Toys china,
    10" Kit-Toys splash,
    KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1,
    Trick Pro1-V double bass pedal,
    MDS-6C Drum Stand x 1
    sigpic
    And ppl remember listen to Strapping Young Lad!

Update......
    As i got no suggestions i headed down to the drum store to test for myself. Of course everyone should do the same as tastes and feelings of the pedal are so personal. I tested the Iron Cobra, Axis and Pearl Eliminator. And i ended up with the Eliminator. What i thought about the Pearl that it was very smooth, interchangeable cams is a really good feature and they were dead silent. The Iron Cobra rattled like a old locomotive and the Axis felt very strange (All tho that might just be a question of time before getting used to it). Also the price was right for the Pearl pedal. Overall the Pearl "feel" suited best for me of those 3 tested. I did not test the DW pedals as the salesmen did not recommend DW pedals anyway.

The remote hi-hat pedal feels a little "stiff" at the moment, but i have to play with the cams and other settings. I have placed the VH-11 hi-hat a little right from the middle. At the same time i bought a CY-12 and boom, and i placed that to the left of me, as a "detox" hi-hat, while i'm getting used to have the hi-hat in the middle. Later on i can assign it as a crash or china.

Thanks,

Kari
    MegaDrum trigger to midi x 1,
    BFD 2,
    13" DIY snare,10", 12" and 14" DIY toms,
    VH-11 Hi-Hat x 1, Pearl RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat,
    Hart ECII-12HHB Hi-Hat x 1,
    CY-12R/C Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1, CY-14C V-Cymbal Crash x 1,
    Hart ECII-16RB Ride x 1,
    13" and 14" Kit-Toys china,
    10" Kit-Toys splash,
    KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1,
    Trick Pro1-V double bass pedal,
    MDS-6C Drum Stand x 1
    sigpic
    And ppl remember listen to Strapping Young Lad!

Comment

Working...
    X