Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Pro 6.4 or Roland Td-20??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Pro 6.4 or Roland Td-20??

I am wanting to buy an electric kit. I really like the Td-20, but I really like the hand hammered look of the hart Pro 6.4. Can anyone help me. I want this kit to be a gigging kit. Td-20 module with roland cymbals. Maybe hart drums? any suggestions? Thanks
    :D

Both are top-of-the-line kits with excellent reputations. Either one would serve you very well. It may just come down to which looks better to you.

Personally, if I were making the choice for a gigging kit, I'd go with the Hart. I think the hammered chrome would look better under stage lights, and the metal Hart cymbals more closely resemble the acoustic cymbals your audiences may be more used to seeing (if that matters to you). Plus, the Hart hardware tends to be a little more heavy duty.

Either way, you'll want a Roland TD-20 module.

Best of luck. Let us know once you make your decision.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Thanks. I like the roland hi hat better tho. I really want to use my hi hat stand. It will be a hard decision. I really would like to customize the set.

Comment

So customize it. There's no rule against mixing and matching. Every individual piece of both kits can be purchased separately. Pick what you like from both and put them together into one dream kit.
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

What V-drummer said. Nothing's to stop you from customizing the kit and using a Roland cymbal (I assume you're looking at the VH-11 or 12). The Hart's are great edrums as many of us here can attest to.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I think you are right on target with the components you want. The Hart set for everything but the hihat and of course the TD-20 module. You may want the MDS-20 rack since it has telescoping legs and built in cords.
            JJ

Comment

I own Hart, and judging them against the Roland drums(only playing Rolands at the drum shop). The Harts feel way more substantial and the cymbals a lot more convincing. To me, the Harts are closer to acoustic.
              Also, the Harts, especially the hand hammered, look much better IMO. To me when you see the Harts in person, they
              look "pro".
              On the other hand, I like the response of the Roland Hi-hats, and the swing of the Roland cymbals better than mine.

I don't think you would make a mistake buying either one
              or mix and matching them, although the latter would
              probably be more expensive.

Bryan
              sigpic

Comment

Gotta admit, I'm a Hart fans like the guys above. But, my kit is not all Hart. The base of the kit is, but there are components from Roland, Smartrigger, Pintech, and Gibraltar in there. Mix and match is a great way to go.
                TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I just wanted to make sure that the hart had ps like the roland and does the rims work like rolands do? I was going to use the rimms to trigger different sounds. hart customer service?

Comment

Another very satisfied Hart user here. Though I might add, if you want your kit to look "real", how about a DIY? But anyway, the HDI does a great job anyway, playwise as lookwise (don't even know if those words are even English, but you know what I mean ).

Stijn
                    'lectric drumma
                    Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Ok well I think i will go with the Hart Pro 6.4 and roland cymbals. I live in Kansas and cant seem to find a retailer. any suggestions. I just want the drums. I can buy a td-20 module and cymbals at GC.

Comment

Hart customer service--absolutely first rate!!
                        Rims trigger just like the Rolands, although the cymbals
                        are two zone instead of three.

Heres a pic of mine like they were when I bought em. They've
                        changed a little since this pic..

P.S. RMC Audio
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Another Hart fan here. I think the Hart Epedal II hats are fantastic and I have played on the TD-12 V hats (one of my students has one).
                          Another plug for RMC Audio. I doubt GC can beat their prices.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Originally posted by stixmanshead View Post
                            I live in Kansas and cant seem to find a retailer.
                            You won't find Hart kits sitting around at the local GC, and they're quite rare at other stores as well. You'll have to order online. As others have already said, RMC Audio has a good reputation when it comes to pricing, though I've not personally bought from them (yet).
                            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                              You won't find Hart kits sitting around at the local GC, and they're quite rare at other stores as well. You'll have to order online. As others have already said, RMC Audio has a good reputation when it comes to pricing, though I've not personally bought from them (yet).
                              Another bump to RMC! -good group of peoples to deal with...and fantastic pricing.

E
                              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X