Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-10 vs td-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-10 vs td-12

Hi and welcome!

I own the same setup that you have listed. Yes, you can a separate high hat stand but you will need the VH11. The VH12 is not supported in the TD10 module. The TD10 has more inputs than the 12 but the sound are better on the 12. Hopefully the TD10 has the TDW-1 expansion module i.e. making it a TD10-E. You can tell by powering it up. If it has the module, it will display it when it boots up. The TD-10 E can run the vexpression kits and it has the vcymbal control. Considering your kit has the upgraded cymbals, I would assume it has a TD10-E. If it doesn’t, you can send it off to a guy on eBay for $300 and he will swap you a TD10-E for your TD-10. I just recently upgraded to the TD20 and really like the sound difference, especially with the vexpression kits. The TD20 is in a league of its own.

How much is the guy asking? I paid $1800 for mine with a TD-10E with the same setup as you listed three weeks ago. I got mine fairly cheap and would have paid several hundred more if needed.

Hope this helps...

Chris

Comment

'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

I dont see any for sale right now. There was one the other day when I had my TD-10E listed for sale. I am almost positive it is this guy

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...84&postcount=8

Comment

The guy wants $1500~ for everything. He doesnt state whether its the 10-E or not so i'll have to find that out. Would the kit be fully compatible if i bought a TD-12 module or even TD-20 and replaced the 10?

Also, on a side note, the guy is requesting we use this service for the transaction: http://emondo-transport.co.uk

Anyone used it before? Site looks dated and I don't know whether to trust it or not =P But I think the guy lives in london and so do I, so i'd prefer just to go round and pick it up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenda View Post
            Also, on a side note, the guy is requesting we use this service for the transaction: http://emondo-transport.co.uk
            I think that's one of the weirdest sites I've seen. (Check their full terms and conditions at http://emondo-transport.co.uk/privacy.php.) The domain was registered by a German car dealer on 13th June 2008. I wouldn't trust it with a $15 transaction.

Bruce

Comment

yea i think i'll only agree to buy it if i can go and pick it up myself! Hope its not a hoax as its a decent price for the kit.

Comment

What's a "Good" Deal for a Like-New TD-12?

Fellas,

This is my first time posting and I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

So I've been looking into used TD-10s (non-expanded) on EBay and Craigslist and recently started considering the TD-9. But just today I found (what I think is) a solid deal on a like-new TD-12 - $1900. What are your thoughts? What could I get a TD-9SX for? Basically the upper-end of my budget is(was) $1500. But if I can get this TD-12 for $1900 is it worth breaking the bank?

A little more information that may help you help me....

I am new to drumming and would like something to learn on that is "realistic" (feel and sound closest to A drums).

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and direction in negotiating this complicated three-way trade-off conunDRUM.

Comment

The TD12 is a nice kit. The only compaint I have is the pads are too small for me. Those can always be upgraded later.

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                    The TD12 is a nice kit. The only compaint I have is the pads are too small for me. Those can always be upgraded later.
                    Funny, you should say that. I recently got a TD-12 and felt the same way. However, coming from an accoustic background (and being a slob), I tend to hit the drum heads all over the place -- especially toms.

Having played the TD-12 for a while now, I find that I hit more accurately dead center on the head. So, what initially seemed like an annoyance to me basically turned out to be an advantage, forcing me to be more disciplined.
                    Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Working...
                    X