Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2box at Summer NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2box at Summer NAMM?

Anybody know if 2box is showing their kit at NAMM?

I'm dying for an update on this thing. I haven't heard anything new about it since Musikmesse.

Orange?

Could you really live with a bright orange box?

WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
    FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
    :eek: ...
    Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
    Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

For 24bit sounds, yes.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by daveybabes View Post
        Could you really live with a bright orange box?

You know, I thought it was fugly when I first saw it, but it's actually sort of grown on me. With black mesh heads I think it could look pretty nice.

Besides, if the sound quality and feature set live up to expectations, I don't really care what it looks like. There's always spray paint

Comment

Originally posted by dttmc View Post
          There's always spray paint
          When otherwise useable equipment comes only in orange, I reluctantly concede the necessity of spray paint.

But aesthetics aside, I've always thought the choice of orange - or other "notice-me" colors for gear is really unfortunate. It creates the powerful impression that the gear-maker thought they needed to grasp at a "visual impact" marketing gimmick to get their product noticed - which in turn leads to the speculation that the product must otherwise be somehow deficient, ie if it needs lolly colors to bring it to our attention. The impression is still created, even if the product is actually technically very good, which is a pity.

So - call me prejudiced - but I admit I'm more inclined to be suspicious of gear that comes in a loud color than I am of gear that's more visually understated.
          TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals/stands. SPD-30 and SPD-SX. TD-30 for additional triggers & layering. Muse Receptor 2+ Pro w/ SD v2.4.4.

Comment

As long as it sounds good.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Yeah, I tend to prefer a more understated look to my gear as well. Still, until someone else releases a module with 24 bit sounds and the ability to load entire multisampled, multilayered kits from the likes of FXpansion and Toontrack (or until 2box offers the thing in a different color scheme), I don't see a better option.

Assuming, of course, that it works as advertised - which is why I'm hoping they'll have a fully functional kit on display at NAMM to ease my doubts.

Comment

2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltSky View Post
                  When otherwise useable equipment comes only in orange, I reluctantly concede the necessity of spray paint.

But aesthetics aside, I've always thought the choice of orange - or other "notice-me" colors for gear is really unfortunate. It creates the powerful impression that the gear-maker thought they needed to grasp at a "visual impact" marketing gimmick to get their product noticed - which in turn leads to the speculation that the product must otherwise be somehow deficient, ie if it needs lolly colors to bring it to our attention. The impression is still created, even if the product is actually technically very good, which is a pity.

So - call me prejudiced - but I admit I'm more inclined to be suspicious of gear that comes in a loud color than I am of gear that's more visually understated.
                  So i know 2box is a new company and all but at the end of the day it's still the creators of Ddrum! try to remember this.

Also are you saying that you would maybe look at a Ferrari (for example) in bright yellow and think the same way, even though deep down you know the Ferrari is a fantastic machine?.

Maybe look at it this way, 2box are trying to create a brand and not a gimmick at all, just like Nord do with there bright red keyboards?. I know i would much rather have a kit that sounds great than have better looks (both would be great, but we can't have everything lol). I can never understand how a drummer would want a michael jackson backing track (yamaha kit) and every time you hit a cymbal you get a yeowwww from it, what does a professional drummer want with that?.

Colour is a personal preference at the end of the day.

Comment

This is the first I've heard of this kit but went and checked it out. I'm intrigued but not in love with the orange. I'm thinking they have to come in different colors and we are just seeing the prototype, no? Any ideas on what this is going to cost?
                    "...regardless of what you play, the biggest thing is keeping the feel going ..." - Wes Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by Travis182 View Post
                      Also are you saying that you would maybe look at a Ferrari (for example) in bright yellow and think the same way, even though deep down you know the Ferrari is a fantastic machine?.
                      Yellow is a fine color for a Ferrari. Day-glo orange for a drumset? Yikes.

Sorry, I know the color is personal preference. Sounding good or not, in a live situation, I would be embarrassed behind this kit.

Comment

I like the color but I think it would look better in Puma red!!!!
                        Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                          Yellow is a fine color for a Ferrari. Day-glo orange for a drumset? Yikes.

Sorry, I know the color is personal preference. Sounding good or not, in a live situation, I would be embarrassed behind this kit.
                          So you would rather have people thinking how bad your drum kit sounds than looks?? Again it's all personal preference like has been said bud, i have to admit when i first saw the kit i wasn't a big fan of the colour either but it's grown on me only recently. Be good if they offered different colour options.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis182 View Post
                            So you would rather have people thinking how bad your drum kit sounds than looks??
                            Never said anything like that. Of course it needs to sound good.

But c'mon...we E-drummers are already fighting an uphill battle being taken seriously, especially in live environment. The LOOK of this 2box kit does NOTHING to help that cause. In fact, it sets it back, IMHO.

They really went out on a limb with the design of this, trying to be "different". I just think they went a little too far.

Black or chrome? I think they would be taken far more seriously, because initial impressions mean a lot.

Comment

The TD-9 modules looks a little lame in my opinion but if it does what you need it to do, more power to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X