Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD1 brain can be changed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD1 brain can be changed???

I am looking at buying the Roland HD1 kit and was told by a salesperson that the HD1 brain is interchangeable with brains like TD-9. Has anyone heard anything regarding this at all? He maintained that he had had discussions with Roland people to this effect.
    This would make the HD1 a much more attractive kit given that there is an upgrade path.
    cheers

Ive tried the HD1 kit and was not impressed with how it felt compared to the TD3.
    I would look for the next step up if I were you...

but yea the modules can always be swapped as the pads are all the same (they all have a little piezo disk trigger in them). The foot control for the hat does change for some of the modules though.
    I cant say for sure if the HD1 pads will work with the new TD9 module though...thats something I've yet to try myself...
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

not to sure about the upgrade path myself...even if you can swap the brains, can you really add additional pads and cymbals to the hd 1 frame?...and you are going to want a third then a fourth tom, and another crash, and a dedicated cowbell and a duck egg and another crash and two duck eggs *honk* make that three duck eggs and a conga...er, sorry, case of GAS....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hd-1

Originally posted by drum673 View Post
        I am looking at buying the Roland HD1 kit and was told by a salesperson that the HD1 brain is interchangeable with brains like TD-9. Has anyone heard anything regarding this at all? He maintained that he had had discussions with Roland people to this effect.
        This would make the HD1 a much more attractive kit given that there is an upgrade path.
        cheers
        While both the HD-1 and TD-9 use the DB25 connectors, I don't think they're really plug and play when it comes to swapping them.

Also, as previously stated, the HD-1 really can't be added onto. Would suggest going with a TD-3 to start if you are looking into upgrading in the future.
        Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumzilla View Post
          While both the HD-1 and TD-9 use the DB25 connectors, I don't think they're really plug and play when it comes to swapping them.

Also, as previously stated, the HD-1 really can't be added onto. Would suggest going with a TD-3 to start if you are looking into upgrading in the future.
          And since the HD-1 and the TD9 are the ONLY ones that connect with the DB-25 cable, the only other way to use a different module would be to get new cables for each pad.

Comment

Working...
          X