Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD3K and TD3KW Differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD3K and TD3KW Differences?

Hi guys

I know a guy that is looking at getting himself a TD3 kit, but he is asking me what the differences are between TD3-KV and TD-3KW. Since I am not sure, I thought I should ask you people first.

I think the main difference is that the KW is an upgraded version with better cymbal pads, mesh head on the snare, and an improved hihat. The main issue for him, though, is the sound module.

The main question that he has is, "are the sound modules the same for both kits?".
    Last edited by Herl; 06-16-08, 04:58 AM.
    Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

I'm sure they are the same module. I found it interesting that Denmark has 2 TD3 kits available, as most countries only have the TD3 with the mesh snare and the CY5 hi-hat available. For more info, here are two links on the kits to compare:
    TD3 - Roland Denmark

TD3KX - Roland Denmark
    Last edited by Colquhoun; 06-16-08, 09:03 AM. Reason: fixed my atrocious spelling.

Comment

Yep, the only difference is the pads. The module is the same.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys ... I appreciate it
        Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Working...
        X