Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what I just paid for a TD20 module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I just paid for a TD20 module?

Standalone module, no kit...

$400 Australian!

It's gotta be a typo. But they charged that plus shipping to my card, and I have proof.

Taken ten seconds ago, may I present the image attached

Considering a quick-fire search turned up prices around $1500 US, I think I had a win.
    Attached Files
    Witty remarks are the province of other individuals.

Holy crap!!!
    I just checked the Allans site and it is still at $399!!!! I am SOOOOO tempted to buy another one right now! I'm tentative as to whether they will realise and later charge the extra to make up the full amount though.
    Recommended retail on those is $3995 so they've obviously left off a digit.

Comment

Do you Aussies have the law in advertising that the company MUST give you the price quoted in the advertisement, regardless if it was a mistake? (we have that law in the states... called the Truth in Advertising Act, or something like that)

If so... I've got one in my cart!
      VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
      ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
      ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
      Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

I've got one in my cart too but I just read the terms and conditions which state....

Disclaimer
        Because, prices, product descriptions and availability can change quickly, Allans Music does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of information on this website and will not be responsible for any typographical errors or errors in illustrations, pictures or descriptions. Pictures of products are for illustration only and actual product may differ for the picture shown.
        Not sure about the legalities of that. Must do some Googling before I complete my order.

Comment

Hmmmm.... just found this on the Consumer Affairs website...

Pricing
          Prices should be displayed on the item itself or on a shelf label near the goods.

If an item is marked at a price and the salesperson tells you it is a mistake and in fact the real price is higher, the trader may be committing an offence by displaying misleading advertising on the price tag.
          Likewise, if you pick up an item with two price tags attached, it is an offence to sell that item at the higher price. However, if the trader does not want to sell the item at the lower price, they have the right to withdraw it from sale altogether.
          The bold part could be a tricky one. I'm not sure how things stand if you pay for an item before they realise the mistake though.

Comment

This is KILLING me!!

I'm out.

From the terms and conditions page: Orders can only be accepted where an Australian address is given for delivery.

DAAAMMMNNN!!!
            VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
            Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

If it comes down to it, I'll can it. They can't just charge me again anyway without letting me know (ie I agree to it), since all I have to do is let the credit company know:

http://www.mastercard.com/au/persona...ity/index.html

In your searchs SP, Google "Trade Practices Act". Found a snippet which seems to say what we want it to:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/c...74149/s56.html

Anyway, here's hoping. Maybe they'll let one slide.

EDIT: It's already up on my credit card, but at "AUTHORISATION ONLY" status. Bet your bottom dollar I'll be checking that one every hour or two tomorrow, including this thread.
              Witty remarks are the province of other individuals.

Comment

Well, I just went ahead and made a purchase too!!! Could this be another TD20 for my SuperPuss SuperGAS cage?!! NEW FOR $400!!!!

I'll be checking my card all day tomorrow too!!

Here's the email I just got back from Allans...
                Thank you for purchasing the following item(s) at Allans Music Australia

1 X 10028 Roland TD-20 Electronic Percussion Sound Module $399.00

Insurance Fee (inc GST): $3.99
                Delivery Fee (inc GST): $30.00
                Total Of Purchase (inc GST): $432.99
                Purchase Type: Credit Card
                Delivery Address: xxxxxxxx
                Reference Number: xxxxxxxx
                If you have any inquiries, please call Allans Music Online Sales on 1300 88 4321 during business hours.

Kind Regards,
                The Allans Music Online team.
                Fingers crossed!!

Comment

I've seen stuff like this happen before. What will most likely happen is someone will catch the mistake and you will get an email stating that there was an error and the charge is being credited back to your card. Unless, they are really asleep at the wheel....best of luck on this one, guys!
                  The biggest red flag for them will be when they get a TON of orders for it.
                  Best bet is to pay for the overnight shipping...the faster they pack and ship the better.
                  xx fingers crossed for you xx
                  Last edited by Colquhoun; 06-12-08, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Wow, what a find. I had the same thing happen with a drum pedal. When I went to order a second one, the price had "mysteriously" gone back to the proper price. All you Aussies should score one before they notice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey SuperPuss,

Buy me one and I'll send you the money, my address, shipping costs, plus $100AU for your trouble!!

TNT

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
                        Hey SuperPuss,

Buy me one and I'll send you the money, my address, shipping costs, plus $100AU for your trouble!!

TNT
                        I am so tempted to buy a few of them and resell them... two things in my way though......

* I have already maxed my card with this purchase and a few other purchases today.
                        * If I ordered a few of them, I think Allans would be more likely to notice their typo and also know that I am fully aware of it too!

My plan is to stay quiet about this and just let them ship it

If this goes according to plan, I might sell my TD12 though..... then again, the thought of having THREE modules in my kit is quite appealing!!

Comment

I bought (tried to) an FBT powered speaker for 260 bucks once. (I think they go for 750 or more). I was so excited but then I got a call from them apologizing and telling me that the price was listed wrong. So I sadly cancelled my order.
                          I'm fairly sure that (if they have a disclaimer like they all do) the laws accept reasonable mistakes and won't hold a business to the mistake. It's written to be reasonable and I think you have to prove some intent to deceive or a history of deceptive pricing to force a cheap sale.

A lot of places will at least give you a really good deal, maybe cost, to make up for their mistake. If I had REALLY been in the market for the speaker I probably could have gotten it close to cost by complaining. The reality is that I really didn't need to be spending the money on it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

****Maybe they're so cheap because the TD30 is coming out and the TD20 price is about to drop to $350 ;-D

Easy Cheapo gig set:
                          Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Mahogany; ultra portable 4 piece in custom DIY flame sparkle wrap.

Comment

Wow! Quite the deal if it goes through for you guys..... Hopefully, it will,
                            Good Luck!!

D4L
                            MAPEX Black Forest Cherry DIY with TD20 module combined with TD3... (with room to expand!)
                            1 Hart Ride, 4 Pintech 14" Crash Cymbals, Pintech China, 10" Pintech Splash, Roland Hi Hats, JBL Eon G2 Powered Speaker, Iron Cobra Powerglide Double Pedal, V-Expression's kits and not enough TIME in the day to play!!! :eek:

Comment

Working...
                            X