Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDW-20 Expansion Board is There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-20 Expansion Board is There!

http://www.roland.com/products/en/TDW-20/index.html

The TD-20 V-Pro kit has reigned supreme. Today the best gets even better with the debut of the TDW-20 expansion board, which raises the power of the TD-20 with enhanced expressiveness, punchy new sounds, rich ambience effects, new V-Edit parameters, and an improved user interface for quick and flexible drum customization.

Provides wider drum dynamics and smoother sound control on the hi-hat

Expands the TD-20 with over 300 new sounds

New ambience-type choices that are optimized for drums

Enhanced V-Editing with improved snare buzz, new mic-size parameter for the kick, and new Kit Resonance to adjust how the kick affects the total resonance of the entire kit

Easy to install

Last edited by Jimpy; 06-12-08, 03:04 AM.

YYYYYYIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !!!!!!!!!

Whoops... I think I just peed myself!!!!
    OMG.... Read the FAQ... It's everything we dreamed it could be!!! This was well and truly worth the wait... I LOVE YOU ROLAND!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by The Source; 06-12-08, 03:09 AM.
    "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
    Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

OMG!!!! Have you guys read the FAQ section?!!! This thing is going to be AWESOME!!!

DO want!

So many good things......

A. With a foot switch or pad, you can instantly turn the snare strainer ON/OFF, Ambience ON/OFF, MFX ON/OFF, and you can even lock the hi-hat to be closed, similar to using a hi-hat clutch.

B. You can instantly play drum kits directly from the CompactFlash card without any load time.

C. There is a new copying option called “INST SET”. From one drum kit to another, you have a choice of copying only the kick & snare, only the toms, only the cymbals, or only your AUX instruments. You can also copy a single instrument with or without the Comp/EQ settings. You can even copy MFX and Ambience settings to a different kit.
      There are many new sounds in the TDW-20 including brand new acoustic drums, stacked cymbals, be-bop drum sounds, vintage drums, processed drums, and many more.
      Dynamic Interval Control
      The TDW-20 simultaneously analyzes your dynamics, the interval of your strokes, and the playing position on the pad. It generates the proper sound based on these information sources. Compared to the TD-20, the TDW-20 improves this by having a higher sound resolution. Therefore, the dynamic transition (ENV) is much smoother.

Improved Response on the V-Hi-Hat
      The TDW-20 simultaneously analyzes the dynamics of your strokes, your playing speed on the pedal, and your playing position on the pedal. Compared to the TD-20, the TDW-20 improves this by having a higher sound resolution for a smoother hi-hat control. The TDW-20 also responds quicker when you open the hi-hat.
      The TDW-20 has 15 new Ambience Types including 3 FX Ambience for a never-heard ambience effect. The TDW-20 ambience sounds smoother compared to the TD-20 because the resolution is higher. It also has a stereo-feel to it. In combination with the new ambience, Kit Resonance, and the snare buzz, the entire drum kit feels and sounds like one instrument.
      The snare buzz has wider dynamics and you get a difference snare buzz sound from the tom and kick because those instruments resonate differently.

These are some of the things.... read the FAQ's for more
      Last edited by SuperPuss; 06-12-08, 03:56 AM.

Comment

They're also INCLUDING a CF card this time.

You can also play kits DIRECTLY from the CF now.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I guess this is going to keep you guys busy Alan

Comment

Already have a card reserved.
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL OCTOBER 2008 (in the UK)
              So Alan it gives you time.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnLMx-4p6w

Comment

LOL Yea, I wasn't given any date to expect it... only that I could get the first off the truck. Honestly, I'll be very surprised if they are in stores by August/September, but here's to hoping! I'm excited to hear this thing!
                Alan

Comment

Nice to see some useful added functions to the module.

Pim
                  Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

TD 20 Expansion

Yup! Just received an email from Roland:-

"TDW-20 Expansion Board for TD-20

The TD-20 V-Pro kit has reigned supreme. Today the best gets even better with the debut of the TDW-20 expansion board, which raises the power of the TD-20 with enhanced expressiveness, punchy new sounds, rich ambience effects, new V-Edit parameters, and an improved user interface for quick and flexible drum customisation.
                    Provides wider drum dynamics and smoother sound control on the hi-hat
                    Expands the TD-20 with over 300 new sounds
                    New ambience-type choices that are optimized for drums
                    Enhanced V-Editing with improved snare buzz, new mic-size parameter for the kick, and new Kit Resonance to adjust how the kick affects the total resonance of the entire kit
                    Easy to install"
                    :confused:

Comment

Read da fine print...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL OCTOBER 2008
                      On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
                      With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
                      Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
                      "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

WOO HOO we finally got it! I can't wait till October. That will be a nice birthday present for my wife!

Comment

Dang, I was so hoping for some kind of sampling.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks like great features. But I wanted some sampling.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X