Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-85 Inconsistent Triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-85 Inconsistent Triggering

I recently purchased my first set of edrums a TD-9 KX. I am finding that one of the PD-85's is not triggering consistently and produces a lower volume when compared to the other 85's. When I first sensed a problem I set all three of them up identically in the TD-9 including the advanced settings. There is definitely a large difference. I called Roland and they said to ship it back to CA for repair. I intend to do this but first wanted to see if I am perhaps missing something that I should try before sending the unit in for repair. The set is only about 2 weeks old. Have others had a bad time with the PD-85's.

I don't think it's common at all; it sounds like you've been unlucky. Did you try swapping cables?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      I don't think it's common at all; it sounds like you've been unlucky. Did you try swapping cables?

Bruce
      Thanks for the reply Bruce...
      Yes, I tried the drum on 3 cable ends with the same result at each.

Comment

Repaired

The drum was returned to Roland for repair and was returned in about 2 weeks working perfectly. The repair was done under warranty with no problems.

Comment

Working...
        X