Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9KX vs TD-9SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9KX vs TD-9SX

Hey all,

Been a long time between posts.

Just found out about this great little module.

What's the difference between the TD-9SX and the TD-9KX?

Is it just a name difference for US and global markets and nothing else ?

Cheers!

Yep, just a name peculiarity between the US and the rest of the world. K and S seems to mean the same thing.

Comment

Some say it is the difference between "Set" and "Kit". Just a regional thing.
      I say that they are completely different. And the SX is far better since it is further up the alphabet.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        I say that they are completely different. And the SX is far better since it is further up the alphabet.
        Uh 'K' is first, so that means it's better!!!

Comment

So infact my KX is rubbish then?!

Damn you yankees with your superior lettering
          TD9KX w/KD-120 kick, VH-11 HH, PD-125 snare, CY-8 crash, Gibralter double pedal :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Evy View Post
            Uh 'K' is first, so that means it's better!!!
            Definitely not. Let's take a look. K = 11 and S = 19, both prime numbers and odd. But represent them hexidecimally, the language of computers, and you get B and 13. B is the 2 letter of the alphabet and 2 is even! 13 is still prime, still odd and is the day of my birth. Ipso facto, the 'S' is so much better it defies logic.
            Originally posted by Shorty View Post
            So infact my KX is rubbish then?!

Damn you yankees with your superior lettering
            Yes, rubbish, see above. But I am not a Yankee, I am a Clevelanbd Indians supporter. That's like mixing up Chelsea and Manchester.
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely not. Let's take a look. K = 11 and S = 19, both prime numbers and odd. But represent them hexidecimally, the language of computers, and you get B and 13. B is the 2 letter of the alphabet and 2 is even! 13 is still prime, still odd and is the day of my birth. Ipso facto, the 'S' is so much better it defies logic.
              Yes, but if take into account the aciprocating pendulum and the angle at which the radial arm reaches at K-S<=/radius*Pi, then subtract the gravitational pull when the tide at on the west coast is at the lowest point. Then take the root of the derivative when the limit gets closest to zero....DAMMIT S is STILL better!!! Curse you!!!
              Fine...Canadians make better drummers so THERE!! I'm just kidding, Dave Weckl is god.

Comment

From Roland US website -
                The TD-9SX components are packaged in two boxes as follows:

* Box 1 (TD-9KX)
                (1) TD-9 Percussion Sound Module with multi-pin cable harness and module mount (1) PD-105BK Mesh Pad (3) PD-85BK Mesh Pads (1) KD-8 Kick Pad (1) CY-5 Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad (1) CY-8 Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad (1) CY-12R/C V-Cymbal Ride/Crash Pad (1) FD-8 Hi-Hat Control Pedal
                * Box 2 (MDS-9)
                This includes the drum set rack, and the clamps and arms for both the pads and cymbals.
                - so the "S" represents the set with the stand. The "K" means the box with the kit stuff in it. Or something like that.
                Quazi

Comment

Not really. They are truly two different names for the same product. It probably just ships in the TD-9KX box in the US. In Europe, a TD-9KX comes with an MDS-9 also.
                  http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...25&ParentId=72
                  http://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-9KX/index.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, rubbish, see above. But I am not a Yankee, I am a Clevelanbd Indians supporter. That's like mixing up Chelsea and Manchester.
                    hahahahah
                    TD9KX w/KD-120 kick, VH-11 HH, PD-125 snare, CY-8 crash, Gibralter double pedal :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by crocodillian View Post
                      Hey all,

Been a long time between posts.

Just found out about this great little module.

What's the difference between the TD-9SX and the TD-9KX?

Is it just a name difference for US and global markets and nothing else ?

Cheers!
                      I was wondering exactly the same thing, and now I know! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X