Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About TD 6V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About TD 6V

I've just seen a td 6w for $800.00. I was planning on a td 3, new. If the td 6w is a better kit, I'd look into it. I'm really trying to find something that will let me practice and get better. Specifically, I have the following questions:

What are the significant differences in the td 6w and td 6v? Mainly in the brain, as I'm aware of the pad changes.

Does the 6w have a practice/rhythm mode like the current td 3?

Thanks for the advice. (you can tell I'm new to this)

Martin

TD-6v vs TD-3

Originally posted by Copper View Post
    I've just seen a td 6w for $800.00. I was planning on a td 3, new. If the td 6w is a better kit, I'd look into it. I'm really trying to find something that will let me practice and get better. Specifically, I have the following questions:

What are the significant differences in the td 6w and td 6v? Mainly in the brain, as I'm aware of the pad changes.

Does the 6w have a practice/rhythm mode like the current td 3?

Thanks for the advice. (you can tell I'm new to this)

Martin
    I'm not sure what a TD-6w is. Do you mean TD-6KW?

I have the old TD-6 (blue) and a TD-3. The TD-6 does not have the rhythm coach like the TD-3 does. The TD-3 has some edge on sound quality but the TD-6 has a lot more 'tweakability' of the sounds than the TD-3. Also, there are VEX packs for the TD-6 that give it some great sounds.
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Dz- Thanks for the quick information.

Sorry about the nomenclature. I'm not sure what the ad meant. The pix looked like only the snare had a mesh head. The hi-hat looked like the rest of the toms. After much discussion with the wife, and the kit being in Northern Virginia (where I'll happen to be next week), and me being in southern North Carolina, she's decided that if I spend that kind of money on a kit, it had better be brand freakin' new. I'm looking forward to seeing the look on her face when she sees the kits of Big Bopper & Super Puss.

Again, thanks.

Martin

Comment

One other thing is that the TD-6V module uses an older sample set than the TD-3. The TD-6V is based on the TD-10 sounds and the TD-3 is a subset of the TD-20. That being said, you get a LOT more sounds with the TD-6V and like Drumzilla said you can get VEX packs for it, whcih you can't do for the TD-3. I played on a TD-6V for three and a half years before I finally decided to spend the money on TD-12. The 6V is still a good module...just a little dated now.
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I actually purchased a 6 after having a TD-3. After 2 weeks I switched back to the TD-3. I just liked the sounds so much better in the TD-3 over the TD-6.

Comment

Guys, what a wealth of information. I really appreciate it. Right now I'm being tempted--There are two TD 8 kits within an hours' drive for sale on Craig's List for $1100. I'd try to get them down a little. There's also a TD 12 kit on ebay for $1340. Not knowing who that guy is, I'm a little wary of that kind of deal, when I'm seeing about twice as much around here. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
              Guys, what a wealth of information. I really appreciate it. Right now I'm being tempted--There are two TD 8 kits within an hours' drive for sale on Craig's List for $1100. I'd try to get them down a little. There's also a TD 12 kit on ebay for $1340. Not knowing who that guy is, I'm a little wary of that kind of deal, when I'm seeing about twice as much around here. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Well, a TD-12 is definitely better than an 8. If you can afford the TD-12, then get it. When I first got into edrumming, I was told, to get the best module you can afford and worry about the rest later. Three and a half years later, that's still sounds like good advice to me.

I've never bought off of Craig's List before, but I bought almost everything on my kit from Ebay and have never been burned. Check the feedback from other buyers and decide if the seller seems trustworthy. If the guy doesn't have a lot of feedback and you don't feel good about it, well, I've learned to trust my instincts. Now, all that being said, keep in mind that items seem to be selling for quite a bit less these days because money is so tight. People just aren't spending like they used to. I tried to sell my TD-3 module on Ebay not too long ago...I couldn't get it sold for $200...and that ain't much compared to what other people were trying to sell theirs for. I've noticed people selling edrum parts are really marking them down lately. On Ebay, you can always ask the seller questions, Like, "Why is this so low?" Folks sell things for all kinds of reasons. Maybe he needs the money right now...people pawn for the same reason and get a lot less. If the answer you get back is not to your satisfaction, you certainly don't have to buy.
              Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
              "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I appreciate your advice about ebay. Although my wife has done stuff on it, I've never been able to bring myself to win a bidding war. But it sounds like a good time to get stuff if you can afford it.

Thanks,

Copper

Comment

Working...
                X