Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best, most responsive hi hat trigger set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best, most responsive hi hat trigger set up?

Hi all-

hope everyone is ready for summer finally.. !!

Newbie question here...Just wondering what is the best , most accurate and responsive hi hat trigger available? Edge response, dynamics.. the works..

I've been trying the new yamaha in the stores and no matter what I do, I think it's weak. There's no triggering on the edge, it all seems to be on top of the pad.. And i'm not completely familiar with all the Roland options.

Thanks much

I have found the the TD-20 and a VH-12 is the most lifelike Hi-Hat triggering I have ever seen with eDrums. Some people hate the feel of the VH-12, but I love it.
    sigpic

Comment

I love my Hart Epedal II hats. I've played the V-11 but not the 12.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        I have found the the TD-20 and a VH-12 is the most lifelike Hi-Hat triggering I have ever seen with eDrums. Some people hate the feel of the VH-12, but I love it.
        i agree with michael, cant wait for tdw20 which will make it even better!
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I think in terms of "best", going the whole MIDI/remapp/VST route potentially gives you the closest thing to the real thing.

That being said, any of the three high-end hardware approaches, the Hart Epedal II Pro, the VH-11 or the VH-12 combined with, and this is important, either a TD12 or TD20 module, also gives you something close to the real thing.

Which of those three hardware solutions is best for you will be an individual preference thing. I've have the Hart rig but have played the VH-12 and much prefer the Hart. I'd like to play the VH-11 one of these days just to compare.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I like the Hart hats...with the Hart Epedal 2 or even better a DIY slider box.

That in my opinon is the most realistic feel. I had the slider box until I "injured it" and it was perfect! If I closed my eyes it felt just like playing a real set of hats.

The td12 and td20...in conjunction with a vh12 are about the best option as far as realistic sound ranges though, and not far behind in feel. (You get the fully open, fully closed, and then tightly closed, loosely closed...etc etc.)

-I'm completely ignoring the options that Grog mentioned because I have no experience with them... I must admit..it sounds like a great option though.

Looking at strictly a module based setup though.. I'd say a td20 with the vh11 or 12...and the soon to be released tdw20 of course.

E
            Last edited by evil1rox; 06-20-08, 08:49 AM. Reason: forgot to add part about grogs post
            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
              Which of those three hardware solutions is best for you will be an individual preference thing.
              grog and I agree on something! It's a sign of the Apocalypse!
              sigpic

Comment

Heh heh, yunno, ain't it nice to have different opinions on something in here and never have it devolve into flaming?

I can sincerely say that I respect everybody's opinion and think that the differening perspectives on everything associated with this is not only helpful to new people but relative old-timers. I'm always learning something from folks and it helps round out my knowledge.

And it's nice to know you can actually *say* something w/o fear of retribution. Ah, the bad old days.

I still think the VH-12 is klunky.
                That being said, I gotta admit that the Hart setup with Hart cymbal has about the same feel as the VH-12. I'd prefer something lighter or at least lighter seeming which is why I'd love to demo a VH-11 one of these days.

www.msypace.com/rubberuniverse
                TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I use a roland cy-14c as a hi hat with the fd 7 pedal and I love it . I have the Roland td-8 . I dont think the newer hats work with the td 8 modules. I played the VH 12 with the td-20 mod at Sam Ash and I have to agree with Michael, they are awesome .
                  Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
                  X