Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 Days till Summer NAMM 08! Nashville Tennessee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Days till Summer NAMM 08! Nashville Tennessee.

OK ..... so should I say....... EXPANSION CARD!!! Who's gonna give us the lowdown on new products....?? Anybody going?
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Yes you should !! And i want one......now! Well... maybe by July....August
    www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
    Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

You not going this year Jman?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
        You not going this year Jman?
        Nah.... only winter NAMM cause winter NAMM is in So Cal... less than a 2 hour drive for me..... Nashville is waaay far away....
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Ah. Fair enough.
          I guess we're all awaiting the expansion card news with eager anticipation. I wonder how much GAS it will use up?

Comment

Nashville Local Newbie

I live in Nashville. Is NAMM free? If so, I wouldn't mind taking a "moderate" list of questions. I know very little but am slowly learning so the questions would need to be fairly detailed.

Comment

NAMM Show

Originally posted by Rocky_Roll View Post
              I live in Nashville. Is NAMM free? If so, I wouldn't mind taking a "moderate" list of questions. I know very little but am slowly learning so the questions would need to be fairly detailed.
              As far as I know you can't just walk up and get it. It is only for industry folk. If you've got a drum shop where you've got some good relationships, you could see if they'll loan you a badge to get in.

I'm trying to do this for the next winter NAMM show as Anaheim, CA is the next city over from me.
              Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Okay, I wouldn't be able to fool industry folks anyways.

Comment

NAMM is not free unless you are invited as a guest by a member.

FWIW, the card WILL BE SHOWN according to Mike S. He said this had been officially announced, but I must have missed that post. They still have not passed on any final specs yet.
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Anybody got a guess as to what it will cost? What did the TDW-1 cost when it first came out?

Comment

Prices are up since the TDW-1 release but for what it's worth, I paid $242 which I thought was an outstanding price at the time. Most were going for $260 as I recall. Then if fluctuated +/- $20. It's a big country, maybe other's experienced it differently.

I'm guessing the new card will be around $350 but that number is part gut reaction and part hope that it isn't much more than that. I don't expect my rebate until mid July so I'm hoping something is left for the card.
                      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Yea, I was guessing 299.
                        Alan
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Yea I would expect the $300-$400 range. If it is more than that I will wait.

Comment

Let's hope everyone is in the ballpark on price speculations. At that price, it would certainly be an affordable upgrade

Comment

If it comes...they will buy it

I just briefly scanned the Roland site and no mention of THE card...nothing but a mention and a link to the NAMM site...

I would think there would be some hype of who's gonna demonstrate the Holy Grail...
                              Last edited by bogiesbad; 06-03-08, 05:58 PM.
                              chris :D

Comment

Working...
                              X