Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland V-drums TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-drums TD-8

Hello there people, as u can imagine I'm new here.
    First of all let me compliment your forums. I've been wandering them for the last couple of days looking for an answer, but the question remains.
    There is this dude selling his TD-8 drum kit (4 toms+3 cymbals+brain) for about 1000$.
    Considering it being in a good condition, is it a good price?
    Keep in mind that where I'm from, new drum sets cost like twice as much as in the US.
    My initial thought was to order a set from USA, but then this came along, and i couldn't just dismiss it.
    By the way, There's an old ddrum4 SE on second hand sale too. Should it be better the the TD-8?
    Thanks in advance, Ofir.

ofir-harlev,

I just bought my TD-8 for $1,300 that included snare, 4 toms, two cymbals, mesh kick drum, brain, all wiring, and a hi-hat. I've updated it a bit over the past month or so, but i was/is in great condition. So i think $1,000 is a good deal if it's in good shape. What kind of cymbals and hi-hat does it have? Are all the drums mesh?

As far as your second question about ddrum4 SE, I don't know about them so I can't comment.

Mike

Comment

Oh...thanks for the answer dude
      1000$ does sound like a good price then.
      I didn't ask him yet, but as far as I know, the TD-8 came with 4 mesh ones, and 3 pads for the cymbals...I mean 2 cymbals and 1 for the hi-hat.
      I believe I'll go over there tomorrow, and check its condition, not to mention, get the feeling of it and see if I'll take it or not.
      BTW, what do you think about the TD-8?

Thanks again, Ofir

Comment

Originally posted by ofir-harlev View Post
        Oh...thanks for the answer dude
        1000$ does sound like a good price then.
        I didn't ask him yet, but as far as I know, the TD-8 came with 4 mesh ones, and 3 pads for the cymbals...I mean 2 cymbals and 1 for the hi-hat.
        I believe I'll go over there tomorrow, and check its condition, not to mention, get the feeling of it and see if I'll take it or not.
        BTW, what do you think about the TD-8?

Thanks again, Ofir
        Check if the cymbals are actually cymbal pads (e.g. CY12) or normal round pads (e.g. PD7). The cymbal pads are more desirable and usually more expensive.
        I've never used the TD-8, but I've heard many good things about it on the forum (bearing in mind it is an out of production model).

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
          Check if the cymbals are actually cymbal pads (e.g. CY12) or normal round pads (e.g. PD7). The cymbal pads are more desirable and usually more expensive.
          I've never used the TD-8, but I've heard many good things about it on the forum (bearing in mind it is an out of production model).
          Oh really?
          I didn't know the cymbal pads were more expensive.
          Thanks for that info, I'll keep that in mind while buying.

I think they're round ones, but again, I have no idea.

Comment

Oh really?
            I think they're round ones, but again, I have no idea.
            yep, the square ones are out of stock...

elder sets have normal tom-pads for the cymbals - the later sets have cymbal-like looking (& feel) pads.
            TD-12, VH-11, CY-12,-8, PD 85, 80R, Yamaha Rack and Pads

Comment

Originally posted by StevenK View Post
              yep, the square ones are out of stock...

elder sets have normal tom-pads for the cymbals - the later sets have cymbal-like looking (& feel) pads.
              Is there any chance in the world, that all his pads are black ones, considering he bought it as stock?

BTW I just went to see some prices and get the feeling of Roland drums, and I sure can say I liked the drums....but the prices are really really bad over here.
              The standard td-6 goes for about 1950$
              When I'm looking at prices of complete kits over the web, do they automatically include the stand? (I know it's a stupid question, it's just that the seller told me they don't).

Thanks again, Ofir

Comment

Keep in mind that where I'm from, new drum sets cost like twice as much as in the US...
                ...but the prices are really really bad over here.

Don't mean to give you a hard time, but you've twice made mentions of how your location impacts the prices you are seeing, but you've not mentioned exactly where you are.

A tip for all newbies: Please take a few seconds and fill in the location on your profiles so we have a clue as to where in the world you are. Prices on electronic percussion vary a great deal by geography. Vdrums.com members include people literally from all over the globe. It will be much easier for everyone here to help you with advice on good prices, good dealers and availability if we can figure out where you are calling from.

With that said, welcome, Ofir. We're happy to have you joining us here, and best of luck with you upcoming purchase.
                >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                  Don't mean to give you a hard time, but you've twice made mentions of how your location impacts the prices you are seeing, but you've not mentioned exactly where you are.

A tip for all newbies: Please take a few seconds and fill in the location on your profiles so we have a clue as to where in the world you are. Prices on electronic percussion vary a great deal by geography. Vdrums.com members include people literally from all over the globe. It will be much easier for everyone here to help you with advice on good prices, good dealers and availability if we can figure out where you are calling from.

With that said, welcome, Ofir. We're happy to have you joining us here, and best of luck with you upcoming purchase.
                  Well you are right, my friend.
                  I'm from Israel.

Comment

Well you are right, my friend.
                    I'm from Israel.
                    Excellent! I've not a clue what prices are like there, but it sounds like $1000 would be a good deal for a TD-8 (assuming it's in good condition, of course). I can tell you I'm very much a fan of the TD-8 module, so I think you'd be making a good purchase.

Again, best of luck.
                    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                      Excellent! I've not a clue what prices are like there, but it sounds like $1000 would be a good deal for a TD-8 (assuming it's in good condition, of course). I can tell you I'm very much a fan of the TD-8 module, so I think you'd be making a good purchase.

Again, best of luck.
                      Thanks a bunch mate
                      Do you have any idea about my other questions?

-Is there any chance in the world, that all his pads are black ones, considering he bought it as stock?

-When I'm looking at prices of complete kits over the web(sites from the US), do they automatically include the stand? (I know it's a stupid question, it's just that the seller told me they don't).

Comment

When you buy a complete Roland kit, it should come with the rack (assuming that's what you mean by "stand"). If the seller says he bought the kit complete, then he should be including a rack as well. However, the racks can be purchased separately.

Note that kits sold as complete typically do NOT include a bass pedal or throne, though it's not uncommon to be able to get those as part of the set when you are buying second hand.

When you say all of his pads are black, I'm assuming you mean they are all rubber pads. I believe the older, standard TD-8 kit would have white mesh-head toms and black rubber pads for use as cymbals (see the attached picture I ripped off from an ebay posting).

If the seller's whole kit is rubber pads, then I don't believe that would be a standard TD-8 kit purchased complete, unless it was an odd version a retailer put together. I could be wrong, but I don't think TD-8 kits were sold like the TD-9 is now, where there is both a mesh version and a rubber pad version of the same kit available for sell in a complete package.

Hope all this helps.
                        Attached Files
                        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Great Avatar there. I have a TD8 module and they are very good, full of great sounds and play/respond very well. As for the rest of the kit I cant help you as mine is customized...
                          My Kit
                          http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

OK guys, I can't thank you all enough
                            I'm supposed to get a pay check by the 5th, so when I'll get it I'll go and check the kit out.
                            I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again, Ofir.

Comment

b'hatzlacha!!
                              . digitalDrummer
                              Review index

Comment

Working...
                              X