Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VH12 is gone :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH12 is gone :-(

Well after almost four years of use .. my VH12's sensor switch is gone.It started with the self-choking problem .... I opened the cymball..there was so much glue and black "pixie dust" attached to the rim switch it was impossible having it cleaned without any damage. ANyways .. tried to clean it .... no good results at all.

WIll post pics of the inwards and how the rim switch looks now.... in the meantime I got a VH11 cause really wanted to try it out closer .. but in all honesty ... I prefer ten times the performance/playability of the vh12 .. just as an example adjusting the offset in the module is way easier than manually adjusting the vh11's hardware.

Now I need your help guys on how to approach this problem:

should I contact Roland for the ri mswitch adding the pics ? I understand they may be able to sell me a new switch in order to have my vh12 back?

Tks,

Pim
    Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Wow, sad day Pim! I'd contact Roland if I were you and see what they say. A phone call does not make you obliged to do what they advise, so what've you got to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Pimenta View Post
      Well after almost four years of use .. my VH12's sensor switch is gone...

should I contact Roland for the ri mswitch adding the pics ? I understand they may be able to sell me a new switch in order to have my vh12 back?

Tks,

Pim
      Sorry to hear of your loss Pim It's worth a try but I doubt they will sell you a switch...more likely have to send it in for repair. I have read that the FSR has a finite lifespan so I am reluctant to buy used CY's. Plese keep us informed though...if they can be fixed reasonably.

If you get your VH12 back and need to get rid of that VH11...you know where I hang out.
      chris :D

Comment

Well after almost four years of use .. my VH12's sensor switch is gone.It started with the self-choking problem .... I opened the cymball..there was so much glue and black "pixie dust" attached to the rim switch it was impossible having it cleaned without any damage. ANyways .. tried to clean it .... no good results at all.

WIll post pics of the inwards and how the rim switch looks now.... in the meantime I got a VH11 cause really wanted to try it out closer .. but in all honesty ... I prefer ten times the performance/playability of the vh12 .. just as an example adjusting the offset in the module is way easier than manually adjusting the vh11's hardware.

Tks,

Pim
        That's a bummer! You can but try with roland... nothing to lose.

Have you tried the mousemat ring mod on the VH-11 so you can run it as a VH-12 and it will automatically adjust the offset. Would be interesting to hear how you thought the modified VH-11 compares to the VH-12.

Comment

Heya Chris ... I know where to drop the VH11 :-)

Here are the pics:

http://www.4shared.com/file/49687560...ified=648bf1d4

http://www.4shared.com/file/49687454...ified=648bf1d4
          http://www.4shared.com/file/49687384...ified=648bf1d4

Will try Roland ...

Pim
          Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Roland Customer service

..so far my VH-11, four CY-14s and a CY-15 went to Roland for repair..

..all were worn out on the RIM sensor...

..there is a vid of Neil Peart.s drumtec simply stating "they wear out and we replace them."

P.

ALL my ROLAND cyms were however repaired FREE of charge.
            Drum-Tec Diabolo 12" Snare
            Hart Professional Kicks, Snare, 10" Toms, Racks
            Roland TD-30 Module, V-Cymbals CY-5, CY-14s. CY-15s, VH-11
            Trick Detonator Bigfoot Pedals
            Ultimate Ears UE-7 Pro
            Yamaha BP-80s

Comment

Peter,

You are lucky having them repaired. Mine has been in use for around 4 years... so out of warranty. Roland told us:

a) they cannot sell the rim sensor separately so I can fix it here;
              b) the cost of repair is high and I am better off buying a new one.

Living here in the Caymans at time like this sucks: had to ask for a friend's favor... imagine the situation.. ship to the U.S..... ship back to Cayman .. and on top of everything Roland says the cost of repair is high ..

I am really mad... I have been trusting Roland with my money ... have a problem with a pad.. and they cannot even sell me a replacement part?????? C'mon ....

Pim
              Last edited by Pimenta; 07-16-08, 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Living here in the Caymans at time like this sucks: had to ask for a friend's favor... imagine the situation.. ship to the U.S..... ship back to Cayman ..
                Have a ticket waiting for me at the airport and I'll personally come get it, bring it back for repair, and deliver it back to you.

I'll even pay for the repair...
                Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Thanks for the offer .. but if you came down here on a cruise or something get in touch ... bring a new VH12 for me ... if I ever buy another one after this bad response I got from Roland .. pad is still in their line ... so why not seeling the repair part to me??????

Pim

Comment

If you get a new one, rotate it once in a while to stop the wear in the one area. Or use the furthest away part of the trigger (that will be the part next to the tom if the arrows are pointing to you as normal) and play on that part. If this part wears away, you can cut that section away and your trigger will still work, just rotate your cymbal a little so you are playing on the new area. You can keep doing this untill you have use up the whole trigger.

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
                    *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

Have you checked out the Pintech hats? I'd be very reluctant to go with Roland again with that customer service: It's not as if you're buying the switch to DIY some hats. And at that price, they'd better last longer than four years.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvMvBlfcWY

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Working...
                      X