Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question about Double Kick on MDS-20BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question about Double Kick on MDS-20BK?

Buying a new TD20 kit... but I've always played in a setup similar to simon phillips, more "centered" kit around the snare and two kicks up front.

http://www.roland.com/products/com/M...ages/top_L.jpg

My question is to existing users of the MDS-20BK rack - is there enough room to fit two roland kicks there? Or do i need to add another section to the rack and what is that part #? WIll that screw up cable routing?

Thanks in advance.

why would you want the expense of two kick pads and not just use a double kick pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by bootslrll View Post
      why would you want the expense of two kick pads and not just use a double kick pedal?
      Perhaps for a different sound for each kick.

I would think you'll need a different stand if you want to use two TD20 kicks and have them symetric. But maybe someone has done it here...
      Last edited by Jack_; 05-28-08, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I like the feel and look of two singles. The response is also much better.

Comment

Originally posted by bootslrll View Post
          I could think of a few reasons for 2 kicks.....

- visual appeal
          - 2 different sounds
          - you have a backup kick in case one decides to stop working.....
          - 2 single pedals seem to come out cheaper than a double pedal (in Australia)
          - allows you to leave the double kit setup in your home/studio and take a small kit when playing away by taking some select components and an SPD or second rack
          - GAS

Comment

Working...
          X