Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question about Double Kick on MDS-20BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question about Double Kick on MDS-20BK?

Buying a new TD20 kit... but I've always played in a setup similar to simon phillips, more "centered" kit around the snare and two kicks up front.

The Global website of Roland Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, audio processors, and multimedia products.

My question is to existing users of the MDS-20BK rack - is there enough room to fit two roland kicks there? Or do i need to add another section to the rack and what is that part #? WIll that screw up cable routing?

Thanks in advance.

why would you want the expense of two kick pads and not just use a double kick pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by bootslrll View Post
      why would you want the expense of two kick pads and not just use a double kick pedal?
      Perhaps for a different sound for each kick.

I would think you'll need a different stand if you want to use two TD20 kicks and have them symetric. But maybe someone has done it here...
      Last edited by Jack_; 05-28-08, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I like the feel and look of two singles. The response is also much better.

Comment

Originally posted by bootslrll View Post
          I could think of a few reasons for 2 kicks.....

- visual appeal
          - 2 different sounds
          - you have a backup kick in case one decides to stop working.....
          - 2 single pedals seem to come out cheaper than a double pedal (in Australia)
          - allows you to leave the double kit setup in your home/studio and take a small kit when playing away by taking some select components and an SPD or second rack
          - GAS

Comment

Working...
          X