Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy Roland now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Roland now?

Hi,

I've decided to buy a TD-12 kit. However I notice that some offers that were available on the web have now dissappeared. Also the TD-6Kxx has been discontinued and replaced with the TD-9.

Does anyone know if the TD-12 is also going to be superceded, or have it's price reduced in a promotion?

If so, then of course I would wait.

Thanks,

Paul.

I think you'll find the TD12 is likely to increase in price rather than drop. I'm just guessing but I don't think Roland would be phasing out the TD12 until after a new replacement for the TD20 is released which I wouldn't be expecting for a couple of years yet.

Comment

I would not expect a successor to the TD-12 anytime soon at all... no where near at least a few years from now. Roland will be in a flux of replacing all the lower end modules at this time. (thus, the HD, 9, etc.) The TD-20 will get it's long anticipated update this summer and then I'd expect to see another new product or two around 12-18 months from now. I've actually been anticipating another SPD type product. I would venture to say Roland probably has the R&D for the TD-30(?) in full swing by now. I would guess we should see something in about 24-36 months for that, but there very well could be a TD-12ish type of release fighting that time line as well. Personally, I think the key is to expect some new roads and products in the not too distant future.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I wouldn't expect the TD-12 to go away anytime soon. If you can hang in there, definitely get the TD-12. You won't be disappointed.
        TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

With Yamaha now throwing down the gauntlet with a new module that includes sampling I expect Roland will need to respond quickly or risk losing a lot of sales......

I also see a lot of forum members wanting "higher quality" sounds than the inbuilt Roland soundset - using BFD etc, so sampled sounds seems to be where the market is heading.

We live in interesting times

Comment

Sorry wrong post forum.

Comment

Working...
            X