Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with my FD8 HH control pedal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should I do with my FD8 HH control pedal?

    Hello.

    I recently bought the VH11 high-hat along with the TAMA cobra stand to fit in nicely with my TD6 module. So far very happy with my purchase since it's a world of difference in terms of playability than from my previous setup.

    Now, I'm using my old high-hat cymbal as an additional crash and not sure what to do with the FD8 HH Control pedal.

    Is that something that I can easily sell? Or trade for? How much would I get for this? Still fairly new and in good condition - about 18 months old.

    I'm in Toronto area.

    Thanks

  • #2
    A quick search of completed sales on eBay shows an average price for a used FD8 going for about $75 U.S. without shipping.

    Comment


    • #3
      keep the pedal

      and assign a cowbell sound to it. I haven't got the v-h11 so i'm not sure if it has to plug into the foot jack.
      Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by timezoner View Post
        keep the pedal and assign a cowbell sound to it. I haven't got the v-h11 so i'm not sure if it has to plug into the foot jack.
        It does, so there's nowhere left to plug in an FD-8 too.


        Bruce

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok good to know

          Have you got an empty jack you could plug the pedal into or split the channel. A foot operated cowbell or block would be kinda cool. Opens up a whole lotta playing avenues.
          Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by timezoner View Post
            Have you got an empty jack you could plug the pedal into or split the channel. A foot operated cowbell or block would be kinda cool. Opens up a whole lotta playing avenues.
            An FD-8 only works in the HH CTRL input too, and there's no way of splitting that for two pedals with independent sounds.


            Bruce

            Comment


            • #7
              ok cheers barT

              and cheers sabotage
              Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

              Comment


              • #8
                You COULD built/buy a line selector box and switch between the VH11 controller jack and the FD-8 for the whole cowbell/clave experience, but...
                You'd have to assign those sounds to the hi-hat pad trigger, I think.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You could donate it to someone's GAS fund hint hint....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VDrummerBoy View Post
                    ........
                    Is that something that I can easily sell? Or trade for? How much would I get for this? Still fairly new and in good condition - about 18 months old.

                    I'm in Toronto area.

                    Thanks
                    If you'd be willing to get a quote on postage, I might be interested in buying it off you to use as a roto pitch control. I have a spare HH control input on my kit.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X