Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with my FD8 HH control pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do with my FD8 HH control pedal?

Hello.

I recently bought the VH11 high-hat along with the TAMA cobra stand to fit in nicely with my TD6 module. So far very happy with my purchase since it's a world of difference in terms of playability than from my previous setup.

Now, I'm using my old high-hat cymbal as an additional crash and not sure what to do with the FD8 HH Control pedal.

Is that something that I can easily sell? Or trade for? How much would I get for this? Still fairly new and in good condition - about 18 months old.

I'm in Toronto area.

Thanks

A quick search of completed sales on eBay shows an average price for a used FD8 going for about $75 U.S. without shipping.

Comment

keep the pedal

and assign a cowbell sound to it. I haven't got the v-h11 so i'm not sure if it has to plug into the foot jack.
      Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

Comment

Originally posted by timezoner View Post
        keep the pedal and assign a cowbell sound to it. I haven't got the v-h11 so i'm not sure if it has to plug into the foot jack.
        It does, so there's nowhere left to plug in an FD-8 too.

Bruce

Comment

Ok good to know

Have you got an empty jack you could plug the pedal into or split the channel. A foot operated cowbell or block would be kinda cool. Opens up a whole lotta playing avenues.

Comment

Originally posted by timezoner View Post
            Have you got an empty jack you could plug the pedal into or split the channel. A foot operated cowbell or block would be kinda cool. Opens up a whole lotta playing avenues.
            An FD-8 only works in the HH CTRL input too, and there's no way of splitting that for two pedals with independent sounds.

Bruce

Comment

ok cheers barT

and cheers sabotage

Comment

You COULD built/buy a line selector box and switch between the VH11 controller jack and the FD-8 for the whole cowbell/clave experience, but...
                You'd have to assign those sounds to the hi-hat pad trigger, I think.

Comment

You could donate it to someone's GAS fund hint hint....

Comment

Originally posted by VDrummerBoy View Post
                    Is that something that I can easily sell? Or trade for? How much would I get for this? Still fairly new and in good condition - about 18 months old.

I'm in Toronto area.

Thanks
                    If you'd be willing to get a quote on postage, I might be interested in buying it off you to use as a roto pitch control. I have a spare HH control input on my kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X