Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD9-KX cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD9-KX cymbals

Hi,
    Was interested in the td9-kx, but in my local shop they said that it does not come with the cy-12 cymbal, they had a strange setup with a cy-5 as crash and cy-8 and crash/ride. I thought the cy-12 was included in the upgrade from td9k to td9-kx. Surely it should have cy-5 as hi-hat, cy-8 as crash, and ccy-12 as crash/ride. Does anyone know? or has anyone bought the TD9-kx?
    Cheers

As far as i know, the TD-9KX comes with a CY12R/C as a ride cymbal and CY-8 as a crash, so you must be right.
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

Comment

Sounds like that shop has sold, lost or damaged the CY-12R/C for that kit. Hold out for the correct full kit (or an appropriate reduction of at least $100).

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Soulworx View Post
        Surely it should have cy-5 as hi-hat, cy-8 as crash, and cy-12 as crash/ride. Does anyone know?
        This is the correct cymbal configuration on the TD9-KX.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
          Sounds like that shop has sold, lost or damaged the CY-12R/C for that kit. Hold out for the correct full kit (or an appropriate reduction of at least $100).

Bruce
          I don't know the price of a CY12R/C overthere, but in the NL it's around 180 euro's, which is around $230, so 100 bucks seems so be a little low.
          TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
          Loving it every second..

Comment

I was assuming that the CY-5 crash would be supplied in place of the missing CY-12R/C, so estimated the difference in the value of those two items.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              I was assuming that the CY-5 crash would be supplied in place of the missing CY-12R/C, so estimated the difference in the value of those two items.
              Yep, you're right about that. I forgot that for a second..
              Loving it every second..

Comment

Working...
              X