Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these mesh heads unbreakable or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these mesh heads unbreakable or what?

I'm using the usual Roland dual-ply mesh heads and i'm really shocked that i just cannot break these things . What are these heads made of, Kevlar?

I'm stunned!
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

You're just not using a sharp enough knife!

Comment

I hope it's help to your issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
        I'm using the usual Roland dual-ply mesh heads and i'm really shocked that i just cannot break these things . What are these heads made of, Kevlar?

I'm stunned!
        My guess is more mesh heads are sold for diy kits then they are as replacments for damaged or worn heads. They take a lickin and keep on tickin.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

What i'm interested in is, how many people overhere broke meshheads just by using them appropriate, like .. hitting it with a stick ?
          TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
          Loving it every second..

Comment

Have never broken a mesh head yet... and thats playing on them since 1999. Although I have managed to spill enormous quantities of beer and imbue the heads with the unmistakable smell of cigarette smoke (not mine). Still they keep on truckin'
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

But what material are these heads of? It can't be just plastic right?
              Loving it every second..

Comment

But what material are these heads of? It can't be just plastic right?
                They are made from nylon I think...you can't wear them out
                Last edited by bogiesbad; 05-20-08, 05:12 PM.
                chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
                  They are made from p___y...you can't wear them out
                  p__y? elaborate...
                  Loving it every second..

Comment

p__y? elaborate...
                    I must have still been sleeping...I meant nylon I think...they are very durable and I love them
                    chris :D

Comment

Seems the only thing that hurts these heads is......

...go figure.....

.....felt.

But that is a WHOLE 'nother story...

Comment

Yep, and that still is pretty hard to believe although there's enough evidence on this forum about that.
                        Loving it every second..

Comment

What i'm interested in is, how many people overhere broke meshheads just by using them appropriate, like .. hitting it with a stick ?
                          They definately are NOT Kevlar and ARE breakable! I've worn out 2 - KD-120 heads and 1 - PD-125BK head. I use 2 - KD-120s with 2 - DW 9000 pedals (For that '80s Metal look - I also took 2 - 20" CB700 bass drums with black wrap, removed the batter heads and cut slits up the sides to slip them over the V-Drums for even more visual effect. Plus I prefer 2 pedals to a double pedal for playing double bass. An anal personal preference of mine!) and the square corners on DWs beaters wore a hole in the heads. I changed over to round, wooden Danmar beaters and it seems to help the wear, but I can see it is getting thin at the contact point. I'm not sure how a small snag got in my PD-125 Snare head, but once it started it grew quickly!

Last edited by ironman433; 05-24-08, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X