Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extending my rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending my rack

OK folks,
    today I finally found some spare time for my favorite hobby: vdrumming!
    After 2 months of diapers for my newborn, my wife left me a free afternoon and I proceeded discarding the boxes for all the new components I recently bought. So far, I assembled my new VDrum, that looks like a TD-20BK plus a few cymbals and pads (2 CY-12R/C , 1 PD-80R and 1 PD-7, leftovers from the previous TD-8KV drumkit)
    Now I'm left with 1 TD-8 module, 3 more PD-80s and 1 CY-12H , but no more free space on the MDS-20BK rack to attach them on.
    What are your suggestions ? I saw Michael Render's solution , attaching another MDS on top of the 20BK , and I could do that since I have an MDS-8C left with me, but I wanted to pursue the stands way and I am really new to this world. Help is very much appreciated.
    Best regards
    Roland TD-20/MDS-20BK/1 PD-80R/4 PD-105BK/4 CY12R/C/1 PD-7/1 KD-120/1 VH-12/1 PD-125BK/1 CY-15R/1 Tama HP9000RG Iron Cobra Double Pedal/1 Tama HH905 Iron Cobra Hi-Hat stand/1 Tama HS700WN snare Stand
    meet me at http://web.mac.com/lucaepaola

Surfin' through SuperPuss kit pictures (fantastic!) I realized that maybe it could be possible to use the PD-80s in an Octoban fashion. I have some space left on the left wing arm of the module. So, a more specific question is: is there an arm to attach vertically 3 pads on the left wing arm? And, is it possible to get an arm that has something like a L-turn to attach the Cy-12H on top-right of the kick drum to use it as a 2nd hi-hat? Could you please suggest me some brands/model to pick up?
    Thanks a lot again
    Roland TD-20/MDS-20BK/1 PD-80R/4 PD-105BK/4 CY12R/C/1 PD-7/1 KD-120/1 VH-12/1 PD-125BK/1 CY-15R/1 Tama HP9000RG Iron Cobra Double Pedal/1 Tama HH905 Iron Cobra Hi-Hat stand/1 Tama HS700WN snare Stand

Comment

Check out Gibraltar hardware. They have tons of things that might fit the bill. They make a multiclamp that will allow you to put two toms on a single pole. Sometimes I just browse through all their stuff at musiciansfriend.com just to get ideas.

I also use DW 5000 series tom stands to mount three toms. The double stand has two l-rods and a clamp for an additional arm or rod.
      sigpic

Comment

Got to agree with Michael here. I've been eyeing off some Gibraltar hardware at my local music shop ready for further cage expansion ideas.
        Thanks for the thumbs up on my kit pics too

Comment

I just saw the Tama MTH900 that could make it. Is it possible to couple it with a Roland MDH-10U clamp? I wonder if it's possible to rotate it towards the player so the pads are vertical, Octoban-style... Anyone who knows this product willing to help?

Comment

I think yes would be the answer to both your questions. However, you'd be better off with a generic metal rack multi-clamp with an adjustable jaw like this Tama, or this Gibraltar. Accorgind to Tama, you can "achieve any post angle" so I'd say you probably can use it for an octo-type setup.

Comment

Thanx a lot Ige87.
              I saw the Gibraltar multiclamp, and I just contacted the local store to see if the Tama model is available and can do what it's supposed to.
              This way I could connect 2 pads, the 3rd missing pad should be more easily connected by using a Gibraltar SC-4425D-1 tom arm with that multiclamp seen before, so I could lift it up (the pad) as much as needed.
              Regarding the 2nd hi-hat placement, the CY-12H pad, I need a L-arm in order to attach it to the rack and place the cymbal between the 2nd and the 3rd tom, just a bit below the 3rd tom.
              I didn't find any L-arm where a tom could fit (all of the products I saw are cymbal arms, and they cannot be used with a CY-12H). Any suggestions regarding this problem?
              Thanks a lot once again

Comment

This is what I use for my CY-5
                http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Arm?sku=446093
                sigpic

Comment

What M.R. said! Oh, and no problem!

Comment

Working...
                  X